1- hey i just got the 8830 for verizon and i have a scary question:
    yesterday, i noticed my entire call log was deleted, and my latest sent emails and texts were getting automatically deleted without even notifying me. I read elsewhere that some other people were having the same problem with the 8830, and that it is a bug in the software that when the memory is low, newly recieved emails, texts, and the call log simply dissapear without warning. Anyone hear of this?

2- Also, is there a way to store applications on the sd media card as opposed to the blackberry's tiny hard drive?

Thanks!
    10-14-07 09:40 PM
    1- hey i just got the 8830 for verizon and i have a scary question:
    yesterday, i noticed my entire call log was deleted, and my latest sent emails and texts were getting automatically deleted without even notifying me. I read elsewhere that some other people were having the same problem with the 8830, and that it is a bug in the software that when the memory is low, newly recieved emails, texts, and the call log simply dissapear without warning. Anyone hear of this?

2- Also, is there a way to store applications on the sd media card as opposed to the blackberry's tiny hard drive?

Thanks!
    Welcome welcome !
    #1.. grab the latest OS update for your BB8830 (vzw.smithmicro.com)
    update both desktop manager first.. then the OS on your phone

#1.a after the update.. hold down the ALT key and while holding it.. type L G L G then let go of the alt.. this will bring u to a Event Log screen. Delete all your logs. THEN toggle it so it doesnt log anything.. Honestly i dont know WHY it should log everything since it wont be used.

#2 No... and so far not yet.. Good luck out there!
    10-15-07 01:40 AM
    have you ever heard of this memory problem with the 8830, where it deleted current call logs and messages when the memory is low?
    10-15-07 09:59 AM
    have you ever heard of this memory problem with the 8830, where it deleted current call logs and messages when the memory is low?
    Unfortunately Yes. Now I had this happen to me I'd say on the 4th day of my 8830 Ownership. My co-worker who was super amazed with the 8830 ran out and got one that weekend and also had the same issue on the same day (oddly enuff). What happens with this memory leak is when your memory leaks out to ZERO the 8830 immediately trys to free up space by deleting call logs and SMS messages. I think it sucks BUT again upgrading to the newer OS definitely helped. I've gone 2+ weeks w/o it going to zero.

Goto Option/Status to see your free space. They say you can do two things to alleviate this issues: 1) Pull the battery and put it back in which fixes most issues or 2) do a Control-alt-delete like reboot by hold down ALT + RightShift Then hitting Delete. That will reboot the blackberry.

There is a update coming out in november which hopefully addresses some of these small issues (Speak volume being another one). Aside from that the 8830 is SUPEr rock solid compared to my former phone.
    10-15-07 10:23 AM
    Thanks for the info gang. Although, my mem has never made it to zero, it has done some stupid things at 3MB. Weirdly, i don't store or any time of media on the onboard memory and never have as many as 10 emails with no attachments or graphics and the memory leaks like a mug. I.E. wake up at 7:00am to 13MB free by noon I'm down to 6MB and have to reboot; this has become a daily thing now. Sometimes multiple times a day. This is crazy, but I'm such an addict! The update seriously needs to come soon.
    10-29-07 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD