I have the 8830 and use verizon. I need help with a couple of problems:

I use Comcast.net for my email, i have their email account plus two other email addresses that go into my comcast account, it takes me about 12 minutes to get an email to my blackberry, is that how long it is supposed to take?

second question, i can't set up the other two email addresses on my blackberry, only the comcast.net address. is this correctable?

Crackberry sent me an email at 10:57 and i received it on my computer at 10:57 but didn't receive it on my blackberry until 11:04, that seems okay, however at the same time i received an email that was sent to one of my other email addresses 15 minutes before then.

Your help will be appreciated.
    12-15-07 10:07 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

BIS email, which is what you're using, polls for email every 15 minutes for most services. Gmail and Yahoo are much, much faster, if you have an email account with them.

You can set up multiple email accounts via Verizon's BIS website from your PC. This may help:

How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-15-07 10:14 AM
    Also, the email acct you got from ur provider with your BB is immediate delivery. This is called "Push" email as soon as an email is delivered to your server it is immediately pushed to your BB! Same with Gmail and Yahoo. All others are "pulled" meaning the server searches for emails on all other accts. about every 15 min.
    12-15-07 10:20 AM
    A South Jersey Giant Fan? God Bless.

Is there anyway to add something to my comcast.net account, such as comcast.net.blackberry... to make it push?
    12-15-07 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD