Just got the below email from RIM but I can't connect to the online update manager behind my firewall at work. Anyone else get this. I'm on sprint with an 8830 and am running 4.5.0.127.

BlackBerry Software Update Notification

Update Today!

----------------------------------------------------

What else can your BlackBerry� smartphone do for you?

Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. To update today visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

New ways to work and play!

* * Your BlackBerry device can now render HTML Rich Content email messages, including embedded images, external images, font formatting, paragraph formatting, and more. * You can edit and format Microsoft� Word files (97 � 2003) using Dataviz� Documents To Go. If you use a reduced keypad device, Documents to Go also provides support for the SureType and Multitap typing input methods * When you add a new meeting request, you can now check attendee availability for the day of the meeting and one week into the future. You can also check the availability of attendees for existing meetings. * If you use a BlackBerry� Pearl� 8100 Series device, a BlackBerry� Curve� 8300 Series device, or a BlackBerry� 8800 Series device, when you create a new playlist, you can now specify criteria that your device uses to automatically generate a playlist. * If you use a BlackBerry Curve 8300 Series device and you have a media card in your device, you can now record a video on your device. Note: Some features are available only if your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server that supports the feature. For a complete list of all new features, contact your wireless service provider or administrator. For more information about specific features, click Help on your device..

Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. To update now visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs...027D1C6CAB432E.

Research In Motion

----------------------------------------------------

�2008 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry�, RIM�, Research In Motion�, SureType� and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.

You have received this message by opting-in to receive news and information about BlackBerry products and services from Research In Motion. To unsubscribe or change your subscription preferences visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs...027D1C6CAB432E.

Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8.
    02-24-09 04:23 PM
    I received it too. I am on Sprint. I also have 4.5.127 I wonder what the version is. I am pretty darn happy with the way it is right now. If anyone knows what version this update is, please share
    02-24-09 04:37 PM
    Only works if you are not connected to BES.
    02-24-09 04:42 PM
    Got the same email and it's updating right now. Version 4.5.0.135
    02-24-09 04:42 PM
    Only works if you are not connected to BES.
    What explain?

On my way home now. Will hook up when get there and see what I find.
    02-24-09 04:53 PM
    Just updated from .127. All tests seem fine for now - looks reasonable. Says it is .135

LOL - just one day after I took the plunge from 4.2.xx and loaded .127 from USMobility......
    02-24-09 05:14 PM
    I also got that message. I'm on Sprint and I'm updating right now from .077. Seems to be working.
    02-24-09 05:22 PM
    About page says v4.5.0.135. Good stuff. Went directly from .077 to .135, in case anybody else is in that boat as well. Yahoo for not waiting for Sprint anymore.
    02-24-09 05:48 PM
    Upgraded from .127 as well. So far so good.
    02-24-09 06:26 PM
    I'm getting an error when it gets to the connecting to the database section. Says it can't connect to it. Anyone else having this issue. God I hate this browser update crap. Why can't they just have a downloadable file.
    02-24-09 06:48 PM
    Anyone know how to uninstall the brower update application so I can reinstall?

Edit: Actually found that it's an IE add on. But when I click on it, it won't allow me to delete it. The delete button is greyed out. Anyone know how to get rid of the app loader?
    Last edited by greatcasa; 02-24-09 at 06:58 PM.
    02-24-09 06:53 PM
    I received the email also. I have 4.5.0.127 on it right now. When I try to update to 4.5.0.135 my blackberry application loader shows I'm running 4.5.0.127 and i can update to 4.5.0.135 But when I try to load it tells me i'm running the most recent version and won't let me upgrade.

any one have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ron
    02-24-09 07:43 PM
    "An error has occured while connecting to the service. Please check the internet connection or try again later"

Weird.
    02-24-09 08:59 PM
    Well I got it to download after about 10 tries. Not sure what the difference is looks the same.
    02-24-09 09:06 PM
    so far so good, i'm getting a bit more free mem then .127 anyone else? good deal so far! thanks for the link!
    02-25-09 12:05 AM
    So I upgraded this evening shortly after I got home, however, I sent myself a couple of "HTML" emails that look just like the old ones, without downloaded images and such. Any suggestions? Is there an option on the handheld I need to turn on?
    02-25-09 03:15 AM
    So I upgraded this evening shortly after I got home, however, I sent myself a couple of "HTML" emails that look just like the old ones, without downloaded images and such. Any suggestions? Is there an option on the handheld I need to turn on?

Have you tried to resend your service books since upgrading your OS?
    02-25-09 07:47 AM
    How can I get 135 if I'm on BES?
    02-25-09 10:08 AM
    As I wrote in the parallel thread - I want the OS-executable and not this update while plugged in nonsense. I want a copy on my computer and the one at work but how does one go about doing that. Plus this update appears to require IE and not allow Firefox!!!!
    02-25-09 10:33 AM
    Have you tried to resend your service books since upgrading your OS?
    I have the same issue and resending service books does not fix anything.
    02-25-09 10:46 AM
    How can I get 135 if I'm on BES?
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Professional Software Users
    If your BlackBerry� smartphone is integrated with a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server or BlackBerry� Professional Software, your IT department may have plans for updating your smartphone�s software already.

Learn more about updating your smartphone software in an enterprise:
    BlackBerry - Updating Your BlackBerry Device Software (Enterprise Users)
    02-25-09 10:52 AM
    As I wrote in the parallel thread - I want the OS-executable and not this update while plugged in nonsense. I want a copy on my computer and the one at work but how does one go about doing that. Plus this update appears to require IE and not allow Firefox!!!!

Anyluck for us VZW users getting .133? when I tried BlackBerry - Update your Device Software after BDM scanned my bb it stated I was on the current OS (.127). should I delete my vendor.xml and rescan?
    02-25-09 12:41 PM
    Well, I just ran it and it said the only software available for my Verizon 8830 was a DOWNGRADE. Closed out that box quickly enough. I guess I'm sticking with .127 for a while........
    02-25-09 01:16 PM
    stuck by the BES
    02-25-09 01:55 PM
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Professional Software Users
    If your BlackBerry� smartphone is integrated with a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server or BlackBerry� Professional Software, your IT department may have plans for updating your smartphone�s software already.

Learn more about updating your smartphone software in an enterprise:
    BlackBerry - Updating Your BlackBerry Device Software (Enterprise Users)
    I am the IT staff here at work. I was able download the files for a 127 upgrade. Does anyone have link to files for 135 upgrade.
    02-25-09 02:17 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD