i scratched the absolute **** out of my screen today(im pissed). i went to cnn and ordered another one. my question is, are the two chrome side panels stuck on with an adhesive or do they pop in and out. when i watched the videon on their site it looks like he used a razor knife to cut something(adhesive) away. if so am i going to have to order new side panels as well?
    12-29-07 10:34 PM
    Slightly off topic, what is this "cnn" i keep hearing about? I googled it and all I got was the news.
    12-29-07 10:46 PM
    Slightly off topic, what is this "cnn" i keep hearing about? I googled it and all I got was the news.
    It's cnn.nn and it is the website for changing the ugly chrome skin on the 8830.
    www.cnn.nn. com
    12-29-07 11:45 PM
    Screws hold those sides on.
    12-30-07 01:00 AM
    I am pretty sure that the sides just pop on/off. But they are very hard to take off. Be patient!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-07 09:47 AM
    Did you buy the insurance with you carrier? If so, why are you going through so much trouble.

If not, buy the insurance!
    12-30-07 09:58 AM
    i do have the insurance, but i didnt think it would cover scratching the screen........ wil it? i watched the videon and it looked like he cut adhesive away with a razor knife. my phone is already black cause im with sprint, so im not buying it to switch colors.
    12-30-07 02:19 PM
    The insurance will cover that but the deductible is $50. All depends on how much you spent on your screen and the time it takes you do fix it.
    12-30-07 04:12 PM
    i do have the insurance, but i didnt think it would cover scratching the screen........ wil it? i watched the videon and it looked like he cut adhesive away with a razor knife. my phone is already black cause im with sprint, so im not buying it to switch colors.

That isn't a razor knife you see in the video, it's a plastic prying tool. You can also purchase that and the screwdriver from cnn.
    12-30-07 07:59 PM
    You could do a search on eBay for a product called displex(about 5 bucks)...it is a screen polisher made for cell phones etc. I used it on my 8830 and it buffed out all my screens scratches like magic. I have never tried on deep marks but light scratches disappeared.
    12-30-07 08:46 PM
    i only payed 3.99 for the new screen, so i will save the insurance claim for another incident.

thanks, i thought it was a razor knife.

im going to get the displex for future scratches but i dont think anything is going to buff out the scar i left on it!
    12-31-07 12:05 PM
    Does anyone know the size of the screwdriver in the video? Is it the T5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-08 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD