ok so imm planning on replacing the housing on my black sprint 8830 with this pretty red one BlackBerry 8830 OEM red full housing - unbranded- Samsung, Motorola, Microsoft, Accessories Store, HTC, Tools, SonyEricsson, Sony, and i was wondering if anybody has any stories about their experiences with replacing the case (or tips for me!) and experiences with cnn.cn?

it'd would be greaty apreciated!!!

- JACE!
    06-15-08 02:44 PM
    There are numerous post around here on cnn.nn and their service. Do a Search on cnn.nn and you'll find tons of BB users who changed their housing.
    06-15-08 03:25 PM
    ok willl doo!
    06-15-08 03:52 PM
    I only changed the Verizon silver keyboard to a BLACK keyboard using cnn parts shipped from Hong Kong - no real issues. The "hard" part is prying off the sidebars as they snap into place and it takes some force and you fear breaking them while levering them off.
    06-15-08 08:57 PM
    I purchased from cnn.nn an entire new casing (front cover, back cover, sidebars, keyboard) and had no problems. I had the silver 8830 from Verizon and HATED the bluelite keyboard, plus the phone was purchased off ebay used and was in perfect working order, but needed some help cosmetically...now it's just like brand new! When you go to the cnn website there is a video tutorial that you can watch that is a step by step breakdown of how to take off your existing casing and replace the new one. On the left hand side of the screen in the sidebar go to Video Tutorials and just pick your phone! Also, you should definitely make sure you purchase the correct screw driver and pry tool as they are essential (cnn sells these too). F2 is right, sidebars are the hardest, but I was also afraid to pull off the top as well. Just take your time, and don't be afraid to add a little force! Good luck!
    06-17-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD