I just activated my new blackberry phone, the 8830 World Ed. from Verizon Wireless. I do like it so far, but what i have noticed is that the ringer is very low, as some as expressed in the forum. But overall, I tried to jump onto the internet and it continues to ask me to log in and update the email info that i have already submitted and began activating. My email is up and running (Gmail account). I went to the Help option and it says that I should go to Menu and then 'Go To' while in the browser, but there is no 'Go To' option. May someone give me some help on this it's driving me crazy. I'm starting to miss my Treo, a little.
    05-06-08 11:48 PM
    05-06-08 11:49 PM
    You're not the first. Sunkast gave u the link. I came here by way of treo 780 and cingular 8525.

I had a rocky start as well coming from the palm, then Windows mobile. It was a transition and I complained and bit**ed about till I finally gave it a chance.

Now I'm hooked. Do I miss a few things, yes but the new OS will take care of what I'm missing.

Just give it a chance.
    05-07-08 01:04 AM
    Thanks for the link concerning the ringtone...but i have a real problem getting onto web pages on the net. I tried to jump onto the internet and it continues to ask me to log in and update the email info that i have already submitted and began activating. My email is up and running (Gmail account). I went to the Help option and it says that I should go to Menu and then 'Go To' while in the browser, but there is no 'Go To' option.
    05-07-08 07:03 AM
    nyc,

when you open the browser, if you press the BB key, (the one to the left of the trackball), the "go to" option will be right under the "home " option in the menu.
    05-07-08 07:22 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    05-07-08 10:28 AM
    Thanks for the link concerning the ringtone...but i have a real problem getting onto web pages on the net. I tried to jump onto the internet and it continues to ask me to log in and update the email info that i have already submitted and began activating. My email is up and running (Gmail account). I went to the Help option and it says that I should go to Menu and then 'Go To' while in the browser, but there is no 'Go To' option.
    That's what happens when you don't close out of the browser correctly. Hit Menu and then Close all the way at the bottom.

When you run the Email Setup icon on the BB it actually just opens up the Browser and takes you to the BIS wizard. However, because you started the Browser this way, there are some options missing on the menu, namely Go To, as you found out. Go back into it and hit Menu/Close. Then launch the browser from the regular browser icon and you will find Go To on the menu.

Remember to close your programs. Hitting End DOES NOT CLOSE THEM.

Enjoy your BB.
    05-07-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD