I have recently joined the blackberry world, and purchased an 8820 due to my employer not allowing cameras on the premise. Right now I have a serious love hate relationship with this phone. I have no doubts that I will be very happy with it once I figure it out, but right now I am ready to smash it.

Does anyone know how it is that I keep managing to put this phone into a vibrate all profile without even going into that app in the menu? My only shortcut key is set for push-to-talk, and when I hit the mute button it puts the phone in safe mode. I can't even listen to the audio files stored in the phone right now, because I can't figure out how to turn the external speaker on and off when I am not in a call.

Also, is it possible to download my itunes music library onto this phone if a large enough memory card is used?

Any suggestions on a good resource for finding answers to these questions myself would be greatly appreciated. The tutorials provided by my carrier and blackberry don't seem to be cutting it.

Thanks
    12-29-09 12:46 PM
    Are you accidentally pressing and holding the # (Q) button? This will set your profile to vibrate.

When playing an audio file press the button on the right side of the phone, at the top, under the headphone jack. Maybe your volume is set low.

Also, open an audio fine (ring tone for example) then hit Menu-Activate Speaker phone. Leave it on there. Perhaps yours is set to play through the headset.

Check out the BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series ! This will help you with the basics such as downloading apps, themes, wallpaper, ringtones. It's also a good idea to browse the forums and read as much as possible. Many questions you have are answered there already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 01:00 PM
    Chrisy gives good advice...I'll speak directly to the iTunes question...

You can load music files (mp3) on to your blackberry, most would suggest getting a media card to store them on to avoid taking up any on board memory from the phone. If the songs you're referring to were purchased from iTunes, they most likely have a DRM protection on there, and it will need to be taken off before your Blackberry (or anything other than an iPod will recognize it).
    12-29-09 01:05 PM
    You might also make a CD of the iTune music you want then convert it to a .mp3 file to get it on your blackberry. This has worked BUT with all the conversions may cause a slight loss of quality. Have known people to do this.
    01-12-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD