I received my Blackberry 8830 in the mail yesterday, got it all set up and am now running into a few problems. The main problem is when I access the internet, or try to set up an email account, it never accepts my password. Only one website accepts my login name and password so far and that it a message board I've been a member of for a long time. I try to go to Myspace, nothing. Same with other sites and when I try to add my email address. I'll enter everything correctly, and then it says that something is wrong with the login. Am I just missing something completely obvious for these sites? I wouldn't think so since it lets me access a message board.

Also, I uploaded a song to have for my rington. When I go to media and select it, it plays at a great volume and I can turn it up/down/blah blah. But when I have an incoming call, the sound is very low. I went to the profiles selection in my menu where it allows you to adjust the call settings (stuff like loud, vibrate, normal etc etc) and I tried setting it to loud and other things, and it's still at a very low volume. I would like it to play at the volume I have it in the media player so that I would actually be able to hear it, especially while driving, as of right now there is no way I would hear that.

Thanks in advance.
    04-19-08 09:35 AM
    I am not sure why you are having trouble with your logins I have not had problems myself. Someone on here can answer I am sure of it.

if you go to the advanced feature of the profiles you can set the call volume for the song to high.
    04-19-08 09:44 AM
    To my knowledge nobody has ever had trouble with logins. You are doing something wrong. You can use my approach which works most of the time....when all else fails follow the instructions.

Use email setup to get your mail going. It is fairly goof proof.
    04-19-08 09:53 AM
    To my knowledge nobody has ever had trouble with logins. You are doing something wrong. You can use my approach which works most of the time....when all else fails follow the instructions.

Use email setup to get your mail going. It is fairly goof proof.
    I have the same login for two accounts, and when I go to one message board, it works. When I go to another, nothing. It's just kind of weird but I'll figure it out eventually.

Also, in this picture:

there are different features on the side than what's on mine. Where do I go to put what I would like on the side?
    04-19-08 10:50 AM
    1) Would be nice to know what domains your emails are on. If it's Hotmail, it won't work if it's just the free version account. Remember that the email accounts in question must support POP3, IMAP, or OWA protocols to work when setup via the Setup Email Icon on the phone.

2) Ringtone volume... always been a problem. Edit the actual profile and set the phone ringer to High, chaning the profile to Loud won't do it because the ringer setup is set to Medium for both Normal and Loud. Also, even at High, it will not match the volume of what the ringtone is in Media Player. It's a known bug since the release of these phones.

3) Highlight any icon and click on Menu (button left of trackball) and choose move. Then move it to within the first 5 icons at the top of all the icons with the trackball. All Zen themes will display the first 5 or 6 icons that are at the top of all the icons on the side when the Zen theme is collapsed.
    04-19-08 10:58 AM
    1) Would be nice to know what domains your emails are on. If it's Hotmail, it won't work if it's just the free version account. Remember that the email accounts in question must support POP3, IMAP, or OWA protocols to work when setup via the Setup Email Icon on the phone.

2) Ringtone volume... always been a problem. Edit the actual profile and set the phone ringer to High, chaning the profile to Loud won't do it because the ringer setup is set to Medium for both Normal and Loud. Also, even at High, it will not match the volume of what the ringtone is in Media Player. It's a known bug since the release of these phones.

3) Highlight any icon and click on Menu (button left of trackball) and choose move. Then move it to within the first 5 icons at the top of all the icons with the trackball. All Zen themes will display the first 5 or 6 icons that are at the top of all the icons on the side when the Zen theme is collapsed.
    Yeah it's Hotmail so I guess that solves that problem, haha. Kind of sucks about the volume. It's just annoying cause I really can't hear it. The phone rules but that's really lame.

Thanks for the help man, I really appreciate it.
    04-19-08 01:37 PM
    The way around the ring volume issue is to seek out LOUDER ring tones. There are threads and references to sites with louder volume tones. Or you can download an mp3 editor, audacity is one, and tweak your own mp3 files for louder volume.
    04-19-08 02:22 PM
    Yeah it's Hotmail so I guess that solves that problem, haha. Kind of sucks about the volume. It's just annoying cause I really can't hear it. The phone rules but that's really lame.

Thanks for the help man, I really appreciate it.
    No problemo. BTW, remember that the shortcomming on not being able to use Hotmail on the phone really is because of Microsoft/Hotmail and not the phone. No phone out there, not even an iPhone will connnect to the Hotmail service. However, if you turn on the Hotmail Pay-For service ($20/year) it will work with any phone, including the iPhone and your Blackberry. Just a little FYI.

Yahoo and GMail free email service work without issues though, so if you must have free email, you can go that route if needed.
    04-19-08 04:14 PM
    Weclome to CB
    04-19-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD