Hi, I just got the BB8830 and I have a mac powerbook G4. I didnt realize when purchasing this phone that it was more geared towards PCs and so I am having difficulty setting it up the way I would like it. Here are a few of my questions and ANY HELP would be appreciated

1. Music
    How can I get music on my BB? I cant seem to get the BT set up properly because people said that you can transfer through that. Would it be worth investing in a microSD? Do those work with macs? Will it be easy to play music through that?

2. Applications
    Is there any way to put new applications on my BB? Like I was looking into getting AIM, but I dont know how to go about that and I'm not really interested in paying for it (it was something like $45 for an app bundle)...

3. Email
    Is there any way to get my email forwarded to my BB without having to log onto the internet? I have yahoo and it would be awesome if there were a way to get my mail forwarded to my BB email (which I dont know if I set up properly because it wont let me log in)

Basically, I'm just a lost cause and I'm sure that there are bigger issues than these. But any help would be appreciated!
    08-27-07 12:44 PM
    1. Not sure, I have an older non music capable BlackBerry.

2. Applications can be added using desktop manager or installed over the air.

3. Yes, that is the idea of the BlackBerry. You can setup the BlackBerry Internet Service which which push the email to the device.
    08-27-07 01:37 PM
    I got this phone a few days ago and figured out how to transfer songs using BT. I went into the media played (with the bluetooth enabled) and used the menu button and selected "receive using bluetooth." Then, from my macbook, sent the mp3 file to the phone. It worked great.

Hope that helped.
    08-27-07 01:57 PM
    alot of people use jivetalk with AIM. try searching for it on google.
    08-27-07 02:13 PM
    If you want to synch pictures and music, you should have a look at "the missing synch for blackberry"
    hxxp://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/24211/the-missing-sync-for-blackberry
    you have to pay 40$ for this, but I heard it's really a great software!
    (not like pocketmac for BB )
    About the Application, the easiest way for you would be to install it over the air (using your blackberry).
    The other way is using Desktop Manager, wich is only available on Windows...
    08-27-07 03:11 PM
    thanks for all of your suggestions. Brohim: I tried what you suggested and it seems to be beginning to receive the file, then suddenly stops and says "transfer failed: the connection failed"...any ideas as to what the problem may be?
    08-27-07 03:25 PM
    update: I tried messing with sending a picture and that worked! so hopefully that narrows down the options of problems!
    also, checked on jivetalk and it just seems too over the top for what I am looking for: just plain and simple AIM...is that not available?
    Last edited by sparka; 08-27-07 at 03:39 PM.
    08-27-07 03:26 PM
    I got that message also a few times. I'm not sure why that happens but after doing nothing differently it just happened to go away. Hope the same happens to you. Sorry i can't be more specific.
    08-29-07 12:04 AM
    if you go to browser/ bookmarks/ links theres a link for a aim download. or go to mobile.blackberry.com lots of good apps. there. AIM yahoo and google
    08-30-07 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD