Hi there

I'm from Denmark and I just got my brand new 8820. Nice device. I now have couple of questions that I need to ask.

1. How do I re-install the device, I'm running Mac OS X. My device came unlocked, does the re-install wipe the unlock? The BB is not branded.

2. I have wireless issues. I'm using my MacBook as a AP to share my internet connection through my Huawei E270 Turbo 3G modem. I cannot connect to it. All other devices can such as iPhone etc. It Finds the network but cannot logon to it, no matter what I do :-(

3. Is it possible to browse using GPRS instead of Wifi. Of is it Wifi only on a 8820?

4. Can you suggest Any 3'rd party email program that doesn't require BES or BIS? It should work with Gmail.

5. Why do I need BES or BIS in order to use the GPS? Is there any good 3'rd parties
    GPS software?

6. How do I make it surf the internet using GPRS only?

Please help me out.

Cheers
    Rasmus from Denmark
    06-26-08 06:11 PM
    Welcome to the Forums!
    06-26-08 06:16 PM
    Welcome to Crack!

I'm sure the more advanced folks will be by shortly to answer your questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 06:41 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-26-08 07:26 PM
    You speak English better than quite a few people I have seen on these forums. Welcome to CB!
    06-26-08 07:43 PM
    Hi there

I'm from Denmark and I just got my brand new 8820. Nice device. I now have couple of questions that I need to ask.

1. How do I re-install the device, I'm running Mac OS X. My device came unlocked, does the re-install wipe the unlock? The BB is not branded.

2. I have wireless issues. I'm using my MacBook as a AP to share my internet connection through my Huawei E270 Turbo 3G modem. I cannot connect to it. All other devices can such as iPhone etc. It Finds the network but cannot logon to it, no matter what I do :-(

3. Is it possible to browse using GPRS instead of Wifi. Of is it Wifi only on a 8820?

4. Can you suggest Any 3'rd party email program that doesn't require BES or BIS? It should work with Gmail.

5. Why do I need BES or BIS in order to use the GPS? Is there any good 3'rd parties
    GPS software?

6. How do I make it surf the internet using GPRS only?

Please help me out.

Cheers
    Rasmus from Denmark
    You should be able to turn off WiFi in the options, I'm not sure how but I know it can be done on the other WiFi enabled BB's.

I'm not sure why you need a data plan to use GPS, I wasn't aware that you did.

Aren't your 3rd and 6th questions the same thing?

I don't think a wipe would undo the unlocking process, but I'm not sure. Wait for someone more experienced for that answer. There are a few 3rd party GPS apps, you can probably find some of them on the popular app page on this site. Try this.
    06-26-08 07:48 PM
    Thanks guys. Can anyone else fullfill my questions for me? I really need help. Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Rasmus
    06-27-08 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD