Hey All,

New 8830 WE Rook on the Sprint network. Phone didn't have the email/browser icons and I already fixed it from this forum.

Had the Sprint rep send the service books.

My other questions -

- Whats the best add ons? (I've been browsing the FAQ's but theres always new software)
    - Any other 3rd party better browsers?
    - Any other software to change the format/font of the text messages - they are very plain.

Thanks again! You guys ROCK.

BTP
    01-28-09 02:23 PM
    To change the font on your BB, go to Options > Screen/Keyboard > Select.

As for browsers, I know that Opera mini comes highly suggested. As for add ons, it really depends on what you are looking for.
    01-28-09 03:03 PM
    Awesome - thanks!
    01-28-09 03:11 PM
    - Whats the best add ons? (I've been browsing the FAQ's but theres always new software)BTP
    BTP,

Here are a few apps/shortcuts I use every day and love. You can find all of them easily on this site or google:

• Facebook Mobile
    • TV Guide App for BlackBerry
    • ESPN Shortcut
    • CNN Shortcut
    • Google Maps (with GPS)

I'll holla if I think of any others.
    01-29-09 06:33 PM
    Opera Mini would be the best browser to download by far. As for apps thats totally by preference. I have TwitterBerry, Slacker(radio app), and viigo as my main apps i use the most. You should def check them out. If i think of anymore ill def let you know.
    01-29-09 08:58 PM
    BTP,

Here are a few apps/shortcuts I use every day and love. You can find all of them easily on this site or google:
    • Facebook Mobile
    • TV Guide App for BlackBerry
    • ESPN Shortcut
    • CNN Shortcut
    • Google Maps (with GPS)

I'll holla if I think of any others.

Just curious - where do you keep all of your shortcuts? Do you organize them all in a separate folder, all around on the "desktop" of the phone, or some other magical way?

I'm not a big believer in shortcuts when I can simply open the browser and 'click' on a bookmark and get to the same spot. I never know how to organize them best for ease of use. Just trying to get a feel for how others are doing this.
    01-30-09 07:51 AM
    Great advice.

So far from here and the 101 pages - loaded the following:

Opera Mini
    IBerry theme
    Red Sox icon for updates
    Changed the font
    Gmail straight to the phone

So far so good! Waiting on some skins from amazon too. This thing blows the curve out of the water - I like the bigger size too.
    01-30-09 01:12 PM
    Just curious - where do you keep all of your shortcuts? Do you organize them all in a separate folder, all around on the "desktop" of the phone, or some other magical way?

I'm not a big believer in shortcuts when I can simply open the browser and 'click' on a bookmark and get to the same spot. I never know how to organize them best for ease of use. Just trying to get a feel for how others are doing this.
    Good point, I agree with you. There are browser shortcuts for TONS of sites out there that are pretty cool looking but somewhat worthless. I do however keep the ESPN and CNN browser links on my desktop, but I don't like to keep it cluttered unnecessarily. I visit those sites a lot and it's an easy one-click to see the headlines. Everything else I just bookmark in the browser itself like you said.

As far as organization, I try to stick with only what I need viewable on the desktop itself. The shortcuts I currently have on my desktop are:

• Phone Call Log
    • SMS Inbox
    • Email #1 Inbox
    • Email #2 Inbox
    • BB Messenger
    • Ringer Profiles
    • Calendar
    • Address Book
    • MemoPad
    • Alarm Clock
    • Calculator
    • Media
    • Sprint Turn-by-Turn Navigation
    • Google Maps
    • Facebook Mobile
    • ESPN Browser Shortcut Icon
    • CNN Browser Shortcut Icon
    • TV Guide App
    • BB Browser
    • Push Weather by AccuWeather (forgot to mention in my prev. post)
    • Memory Cleaning
    • Options
    • Connections
    • Power On/Off

This may seem like a lot, but my theme has 4 icons x 6 icons, so I can see all of these without having to scroll up and down.
    01-31-09 03:48 PM
    I'm new too. Were do I get the app to get this thing to start the coffee pot in the morning. It does everything else.
    Seriously, I'm a little confused about 'themes'. Help.
    02-01-09 04:53 AM
    There are several threads out here devoted solely to themes. Basically they are different ways of organizing your desktop, applications, etc.
    02-01-09 01:26 PM
    There are downloadable themes and OTA(over the air) themes. OTA is the best way to go as it is the easiest. A great site to find free OTA themes is (PimpMyBerry.com). You should first register on a comp and then once your done you can log in and start searching for themes for your model BB. Its as simple as making sure your selecting the correct phone model and then clicking on the theme, then click on where it says "OTA Link" underneath the pix of the theme your looking at. It will ask you if you want to download which you click yes then once its finished you just have to go to Options>themes on your BB and select the correct theme.
    02-01-09 07:33 PM
    First I upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.101. This gives you
    HTML emails, Documents ToGo, Voice Notes Recorder, and more RAM
    I can now use my 8Gb SD card to sync with iTunes
    Here are my favorites on my 8830:
    google.mobile.app
    mini.opera
    bbmobile.meeting
    google sync
    TwitterBerry
    mapquest 4 Mobile
    VZAppZone
    Bible App (You Version 1.0 15 Bible Translation) FREE!
    02-02-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD