i was just wondering on my 8830 which network mode i should have on.
    As of right now its on Global but i dont know if it should be in 1XEV becuase thats what i always have on my screen in right top hand corner

And i dont know if anyone else has had this problem but my battery life for this phonee suckss..im charging it every nightt. i use bbm alot but not to the point wehre it should drain my battery like that. My battery is brand new. i barely have any 3rd party apps all i have is brickbreaker and that. i thought a new battery would have solved the issue but it hasnt for me. Charging Constantly is reallly annoyinggg

Any Help would be appreicated
    Thanks Guyss!!!
    09-22-09 09:33 PM
    annnnnnyoneee?
    09-23-09 10:29 PM
    Use 1XEV. If you travel out of the country and put a sim card in it you will need to switch it, otherwise 1xev will do it. The battery on my 8830 will last about 2 days. If you have poor reception where you live or work, your phone uses more power to connect to a cell phone tower. I used to live in a dead zone, and i would need to charge my berry every 12 hours or so.
    09-24-09 12:13 AM
    And i dont know if anyone else has had this problem but my battery life for this phonee suckss...
    Yes, Global will drain it. Also, what other apps are you running? You can also change the GPS setting to 911 only which may help. By FAR the 8830 has had the best battery life of all my BBs.
    09-24-09 02:22 AM
    thanks guys, appreciate it
    im not running many other apps at all. On my phone i have google mobile app for when i want to search something and quickpull for when my sound goes. Thats about all i have. i had weathereye and all that but i deleted them thinking that was the problem.
    09-24-09 09:45 AM
    Also, another thing to keep in mind is that, although it doesnt help solve the cause of the problem, you can pick up an extra battery for your phone off of ebay for less than $5 shipped
    09-24-09 09:16 PM
    i have done that as a matter of fact.. i bought one for 5 dollars exaclty.. got it shipped thinking my battery problems were over but its the smae thing with a brand new battery. i dont like charging this thing every nightt. what could the problemm beee?
    09-25-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD