Hello all...

So, once upon a time I got the crazy idea to buy a Blackberry, since Blackberry's are the bomb.com. However, since I am a poor college kid, I bought one used off of eBay. This phone was locked to the Alltel network, and after numerous tries I finally got an unlock code so I could use the phone on my T-Mobile network.

Except when I went to enter the code, it said I had 0 tries left.

My Blackberry is blocked. And I want to cry.

SO, since you people seem to be the holy grail of all things Blackberry, can someone please tell me what to do next? And if you're just going to post that I'm a ding dong and deserve to forever have to use my crappy Samsung Gravity phone, please take your sarcasm someplace else. I just want to figure out how to fix this. I'm already aware that I didn't go about doing this in the best way possible.
    10-10-09 01:02 PM
    I don't think an 8830 will work on T-Mobile's network, or at least none of mine would. The 9630 can be unlocked for use on T-Mobile. If I wrong on this someone will come by and correct me.
    10-10-09 01:31 PM
    That is correct. The 8830 will not work on T-Mobile. It does not have the hardware for North American GSM frequencies.
    10-10-09 08:17 PM
    Hello all...

So, once upon a time I got the crazy idea to buy a Blackberry, since Blackberry's are the bomb.com. However, since I am a poor college kid, I bought one used off of eBay. This phone was locked to the Alltel network, and after numerous tries I finally got an unlock code so I could use the phone on my T-Mobile network.

Except when I went to enter the code, it said I had 0 tries left.

My Blackberry is blocked. And I want to cry.

SO, since you people seem to be the holy grail of all things Blackberry, can someone please tell me what to do next? And if you're just going to post that I'm a ding dong and deserve to forever have to use my crappy Samsung Gravity phone, please take your sarcasm someplace else. I just want to figure out how to fix this. I'm already aware that I didn't go about doing this in the best way possible.
    Ok how did you get the unlock code? I have an alltel blackberry 8830 and I am wanting to activate it on Verizon but not sure how. Please help. Thanks.
    10-14-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD