My boss has gone from keeping an actual paper day planner in the back of his pocket to the 8830. For business reasons he keeps all his old dayplanners to reference old business meetings (he has them going back 10 years). Since he now wants to use his phone I need to find a way to backup his calendar automatically (maybe to his media card if at all possible, even though this doesn't look likely) on a daily basis. My problem is that he doesn't want to pair his phone to a computer and he tends to break cell phones on a regular basis... he's gone through more this year than I've ever owned in my lifetime. Is there any sort of third party app that I can install on the phone that will backup his calendar to the media card?
    Last edited by morrima; 10-21-08 at 09:52 AM.
    10-21-08 09:48 AM
    Sounds like he needs an Otter Box.

The answer to your question is no. I don't believe there is a program to do this. he'll have to connect to the Desktop Manager to do these backups.

Let him know that he won't "hurt" his computer by pairing up the BlackBerry.
    10-21-08 09:52 AM
    lol... well it's not a question of hurting his computer... he travels quite extensively and even though he owns a laptop (which I've paired with the phone) he vary rarely carries it. And now that he has this phone he most likely will never carry it anywhere. He's not exactly what you would call "computer friendly" and I know that if his phone crashes and he looses his calendar it will be my responsibility to retrieve the information regardless of when he backed up last.

I really can't believe there isn't any software out there...I have a cheap samsung window's based phone and I can backup anything to the media card.

I guess I will suggest that he should stick with the old dayplanner books for now.

Thanks for all the help!!
    10-21-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD