Hi so i just got a refurbished blackberry 8320 and its beautiful but the only problem is when i put my sim card or any other sim card on it i wont get EDGE i just get edge but this is the weird part, the internet explorer DOES work but the blackberry messenger refuses to send or receive any information as i tried to add people and it didnt work! ive tried EVERYTHING i know but nothing! i opened an account here to see if somebody could help me! i will GREATLY LOVE IT!! please!
    09-22-10 01:30 PM
    Do you have a BLACKBERRY data plan? IE: BIS or BES. If you don't, you won't get much of anything to work properly, especially BB branded apps (e-mail, BBM, aim, yahoo, facebook, etc...)
    If you don't, you'll need to contact your carrier to have it added to your plan.
    09-22-10 01:54 PM
    sorry to be the ball buster, but youre in the wrong forums. this is the 8830 forums.

and the browser you are using is the WAP browser, so you are getting charged per use.

a Rat has mentioned. call your carrier and add a data plan if you dont already have one. then they will send your service books and get everything up and running.
    09-22-10 01:58 PM
    i know i couldnt find the 8320 and yes i do have a data plan i can get online but its only the bbm thats not working
    09-22-10 02:10 PM
    i do have an unlimited data plan on
    09-22-10 02:11 PM
    i mean i have my own blackberry bold 2 and i bought this for my brother, i tested it out with my sim and it wont work i tested it with a different carrier and same problem
    09-22-10 02:15 PM
    Did you log into BIS and change the pin or imei on the account?
    If your account doesn't have the devices pin or imei you won't get jack!

You need to remove the bold 2 and add the 8320.

Also, please edit your posts with added info instead of making 3 new posts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 02:49 PM
    yes im sorry im kind of new at this, i dont exactly know what bis is but my question is why when i try my sim card on another phone it works! and on this curve it doesnt?
    09-22-10 03:22 PM
    Is the other phone a blackberry? Or just a phone?

You need to understand that even though your carrier has your info, RIM does too. And they need to be associated.

Sure I can take my sim, throw it in a let's say Nokia, boom! It works. I CAN NOT take my sim and throw it in a refurbished 8320 and expect it to work without associating the IMEI or PIN to my existing account. And I said, your using the WAP browser and not the blackberry browser so if you do not have WAP data you will be paying per use.

You need to login into your BIS account and change it!

BIS=Blackberry Internet Service btw.

09-22-10 03:36 PM
    Thank u for your reply i understand what you say but i tell u i work with blackberries and yes the other phone is a blackberry and everytime i get an order of blackberry i tried them with my sim and anyother sim from a blackberry and and they , lets say im witht my friends and we all have blackberry we can change the sim and it will ork (if you have unlocked sims) but this phone wont work with non AT&T TMOBILE VERIZON or any of them!
    09-22-10 05:22 PM
    Because its NOT registered on the network..

*facepalm*

09-26-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD