Hi everyone,

I've had an 8830 since it came out, however I switched my old beat up 8830 in for a brand new one and I've had to redo all my settings.

I've spent forever trying to figure out how to change the email message download settings. Right now, when I open up a new email they don't display the actual message. Instead I have to click and select either more or more all.

How do I change the settings to automatically download the entire message? I know it can be done since my previous 8830 behaved that way... just can't figure it out!

Thanks for your help!
    02-19-08 10:29 PM
    Messages > Options > General Options > Auto More = Yes.
    02-19-08 10:31 PM
    Did that already... no dice

????
    02-19-08 10:32 PM
    Well, that is where you set it, but it is still not completely automatic, as you must scroll down to where you need more of the message for it so automatically retrieve it.

The BB will ONLY download the first 2kb of each message, the following 2kb at a time as requested or needed, in your case. There is not a setting to ALWAYS download ALL of the message on EVERY email. It will download it as it needs it.
    02-19-08 10:35 PM
    Good to know! Anyway to up that 2kb limit or do they not give us control over that?
    02-19-08 10:37 PM
    No way to up that, or your next 10,000 posts here would be "why is my BB out of of memory".
    02-19-08 10:40 PM
    lol, thank you very much for the help
    02-19-08 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD