anyone have any idea whatsoever why this occurs?
    it has been happening the last two days, i ben gettin missed calls in the morning and when i open them the call log and mesage list is absolutly empty!
    help people!
    02-14-08 05:56 AM
    you are out of memory.

-db
    02-14-08 05:58 AM
    yeah, i understand that, but for the phone to delete all msgs day after day, should i delete some adreessbook entries to clear up some space?
    02-14-08 06:10 AM
    Happened to me when I first got my curve
    Options>status>file free = ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-08 06:21 AM
    Mines low
    10725299 Bytes
    I need to do a battery pull

02-14-08 06:22 AM
    You are running out of internal memory. Microsd does not get used with apps, messages, personal data - only the built in memory so you're limited. You need to delete themes, apps, etc if your personal data is that large to fill memory daily. Mine erases about every 30 days from this. It is frusterating but this is the same answer I got from my IT, googling this problem, and Verizon. Sorry man.

02-14-08 06:59 AM
    It's pretty weak and a design flaw in my opinion. I love bberry, don't get me wrong, but the memory thing has to be an easy fix for Rim.
    02-14-08 11:26 AM
    aod...check this out (thanks ryan)

BLACK BERRY PEARL MEMORY SAVING TIPS

Initial One Time Recommendations

DELETE DEMO VIDEO
    • Go to Media> Videos> Sample Videos> Highlight the file and press the “DEL” key> Select “Yes” to confirm
    DELETE UNWANTED LANGUAGES
    • Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight the unwanted language> Press menu (To the right of the track ball with the seven dots)> Delete> Select “Yes” to confirm
    NOTE: Depending on initial setup, you may or may not find any additional languages. The most common is “Russian Character and Font Support”.
    USE A MEMORY CARD
    • Insert memory card into phone> Go to Camera> Menu> Options> Make sure “Store Pictures” = “On Media Card”. In addition, every time you are prompted to save something, verify the folder selected is one on your media card.
    • In the event that you previously saved pictures to your device memory, do the following: Go to Media> Pictures> My Pictures> Device Memory> Highlight the Picture> Menu> Move> Menu> Up> Below the folder list is your memory card “Folder”. Scroll down to it (Highlighting a picture is ok)> Menu> Move Here> Repeat until all photos are moved
    ELIMINATE RESERVED MEMORY FOR PICTURES
    • Go to Media> Menu> Options> Change “Reserved Pictures Memory” to “0MB”.
    NOTE: It is recommended to install a memory card and remove all pictures from device memory prior to changing this setting.

Memory Monitoring Recommendations

REMOVE THE BATTERY
    • Remove the battery cover by pressing on the chrome release button located between the two copper terminals on the lower back portion of your BB> Pry upward from the top of the battery> Replace after five seconds
    • This will increase your available memory the quickest and easiest. Your BB is just like a computer and needs to be shut down more often than a cell phone. Perform this at LEAST once a week, or whenever symptoms occur. For optimal performance perform this daily.
    CLEAR BROWSER CACHE
    • Go to Browser> Menu> Options> Cache Operations> Highlight and select each clear option available
    • The more often you use your browser, the more often you will want to perform this.
    CLOSE RUNNING APPLICATIONS
    • Press and HOLD the Function key (Lower left hand key with two opposing arrows)> While HOLDING, tap the Back key (To the right of the track ball with the loop arrow)> Tap the Back key to cycle to an application> Release the Function key> The selected application will open> Menu> Close.
    • If you exit an application by pressing the End key, it is still running in the background.
    • You cannot close five applications, including: Browser, Phone, Home Screen, Blackberry Messenger, and Messages.
    ENABLE MEMORY CLEANER
    • Go to Options> Security Options> Memory Cleaning> Make change “Status” to “Enabled” (The first time you do this, change “Show Icon on Home Screen” to “yes”)>Adjust settings as desired> Menu> Save> Return to the Home Screen> Select Memory Cleaner (Looks like a paper shredder in most themes)
    • Select the Memory Cleaner icon whenever symptoms occur.
    • The Memory Cleaner will remain Enabled until you remove the battery or power down the device.
    DELETE UNWANTED DOWNLOADED APPLICATIONS
    • Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight unwanted application> Menu> Delete> Select “Yes” to confirm
    DELETE UNWANTED MESSAGES
    • From any message box(remember you have more than just inboxes)>highlight the unwanted message>press the "DEL" key> Select "yes" to confirm.
    NOTE: you can delete messages in blocks by date: Highlight any date bar dividing messages, or the date bar at the top of your mailbox> Menu> Delete Prior (This will delete all messages that were received prior to that date.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -db

good luck
    02-14-08 05:42 PM
    You are running out of internal memory. Microsd does not get used with apps, messages, personal data - only the built in memory so you're limited. You need to delete themes, apps, etc if your personal data is that large to fill memory daily. Mine erases about every 30 days from this. It is frusterating but this is the same answer I got from my IT, googling this problem, and Verizon. Sorry man.

02-15-08 06:53 AM
    My call log will not SHOW all the available calls -- they are still visible in the folder or in any of the other views except "Call Log". It is NOT a memory problem as I have 20MB free and the messages have not been deleted -- they just won't show in Call Log. Any ideas? Is the Call Log view limited to the number of messages it will show?
    02-18-08 06:09 PM
    The easiest thing I've done when this happens erasing the event log. It doesn't have any bad effects on your phone, but you do have to do several times over the day.

1. Press and hold the alt key and type in "lglg" and that opens the event log.

2. Press the menu button and select clear log. That's all. Hope it helps.

02-20-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD