I must say, that craiglist is the best website ever created, for without craigslist I would've never taken the plunge to the BB. I'm so glad I did

Over the past few months, I have gone through 3 phones, because none of them really did all that they promised. I started out with a "V", which I loved for about 1.5 months, then the enV came out, probably like a week out of my 30 day trial of vzw.

That phone was not what it was all ceakced up to be, sure, it texts....and gets on the internet, and plays MP3s, but it does so in a fashion that people in 1995 would've been like WOA. Wap browsing, an interface that would make Jeff Raskin cry, and the inability to do anything else with the phone while playing music, got old. And the thickness and weight of the device was rediculace.

I compromised with that a while, and just teathered it with my winmo pda, the 2 devices got me by for a while. But then, my V took a trip in the washing machine...

I decided to get a Q. I must say, that while I owned the phone I loved it, but looking back, it was such a piece of ****, slow, clunky,and it became unstable all the time. I decided an upgrade to the Treo would suit me, and at $100 on CL, what's to loose. I went with the winmo version. It was a pretty solid phone. The problem was, that it was underpowered for the winmo os, making multitasking a pain in the ***. It was also a brick, to the point where I had to wear a belt with my pants or the weight of my tro would slowly pull my pants down :P.

About a week ago, after hearing my friends praises of his BB pearl, I decided that I wanted to try out a BB for size. I got a killer deal, a brand new BB 8830 for $100! It had the plastic and everything still on it. SWEET!

I upgraded to the 4.5 os, and I am loving my BB. Web browsing _rules_ on this phone, email is great, texting, and mp3 playback, not to mention an aim client that actually works, and looks nice at the same time. (Jivetalk).

It is the same size as my Q but infinitly more useful, and it never crashes, not to mention its like 100 times sexier.

I'm so glad I joined the bb bandwagon, and I know for sure that I will be getting !!s for years to come

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 04:42 PM
    congrats on the new BB! Welcome to the board!
    07-17-08 04:44 PM
    Very Nice! I'm sure you'll continue to love it!

07-17-08 04:48 PM
    Cool for you!

Exactly the same thing for me !

Love my bb

07-17-08 04:59 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    07-17-08 05:19 PM
    Awesome! Welcome aboard!

07-17-08 05:22 PM
    Welcome to BB land!
    07-17-08 05:34 PM
    Welcome to the family.

07-17-08 05:46 PM
    Welcome to CB. Your thumbs must be killing you considering you typed that entire post on your blackberry.
    07-17-08 05:51 PM
    Sweet deal. Welcome!
    07-17-08 09:16 PM
    Welcome!

Pretty funny, I've been seeking 4.5 for a while and a newb finds it right off, hehe... My Search-fu sucks...
    07-17-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD