I am from the U.S. in NYC to be exact and have the world edition for Verizon. My Internet and E-Mail worked fine. Now I am in Australia until July and my browser icon is missing. I already upgraded to the $65/ month for the world service and I do have a world sim card. There was no problems when my local VZW Store set up my phone to be "Global" and I came here it could make calls but does not have Internet capability..... Today, I spent 2.5 hours on the phone speaking to a VZW Corporate Global tech staff and she had me go to the host routing table and register now. I did not receive a message nor did the browser appear. The tech was so confused that she had me wipe the handheld and that didn't bring back the browser. I think it has something to do with the fact that I am in Sydney Australia and I cannot receive a bullet from the HRT. Is there any other way to get the browser back to I can use Internet and BBM and E-Mail??

My phone is the 8830WE with V4.2.2.66 software (which is older). Would upgrading software help get the Browser back? I Don't have the Browser or the Email setup icons. My voice signal is GSM, and Vodafone AU for Australia.

Thanks in advance. BTW: The verizon rep told me there is NO WAY to get the Browser back and I should just buy a new phone. I am furious. Thanks.
    04-07-09 11:55 PM
    It is possible the new OS 4.5 would help but who knows.

You could also try the official Verizon 4.2 upgrade and see if that brings it back. I think that's 4.2...196

The Host Routing method is what I've used to recover the browser but that was here in the States. I really don't know anything about Data outside of the US but hope to find out (successfully) in June when I might be going to Europe.

Good luck
    04-08-09 09:40 AM
    Try this, if this does not work not sure what will.

options
    advanced options
    host routing table
    right click - to bring up the menu
    register now

When I lost my browser this brought it back.

Good Luck!
    04-08-09 10:51 AM
    failing what envied said, try resending the service books from the respective carriers website.

If it still fails after that, call your carrier, they'll reset it for you...
    04-08-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD