Hi out there.
    Brand new in here, but have had several berries now.
    I never had a use for the bb messenger before, but now a few of my friends overseas have bbs and I would like to use this app. I try adding them and they get the invitation and accept, but it keeps saying that we are pending authorization. Also if they invite me, I accept, and then they go to pending contacts and it says the same thing, and they never get added.

I used to have the original OS and this was going on, then I upgraded, reading how to do it in here, to 4.5.
    Everything is great, but the same problem persists with the bb msgr app.

Anybody out there now what is going on?

Any help is appreciated

CF
    01-25-09 07:57 AM
    Do you have your firewall switched on? Is it blocking people not in your phone book? (settings-security-firewall)

Other than that I would try going into Desktop Manager uninstalling messenger and then try re-installing it.
    01-25-09 08:05 AM
    Do you have your firewall switched on? Is it blocking people not in your phone book? (settings-security-firewall)

Other than that I would try going into Desktop Manager uninstalling messenger and then try re-installing it.
    Thanks for the response. The firewall is enabled, but everything is unchecked and shows 0 blocked.
    But at the end it says "incorrect encryption key" 20 blocked...
    01-25-09 08:11 AM
    I would disable your firewall, do a battery pull and give it a shot see if there is any difference.

Nothing bad will happen to your phone with the firewall off.
    01-25-09 08:20 AM
    Ok. Now, there is a red lock sign next to "enabled", and it does not give me an option to disable.
    How do I disbale it?
    Sorry for the ignorance...
    01-25-09 08:25 AM
    I just did some reading and found out I will not be able to disable it from my phone since I am on a BES.
    It is my own BES I have with my company.
    Any suggestions?
    01-25-09 08:49 AM
    Ask your IT department to help you configure it so you can talk to other blackberry users in your company thus saving money!
    01-25-09 09:24 AM
    thanks for your help.
    This is a nightmare. Lets just say that I have pulled the battery so many times today, and wiped out the hanheld a couple of times. Now the bb messenger is working but the device cant be activated on the bes.
    Tommorow, the fight continues!
    01-25-09 10:25 PM
    Welcome to crackberry newbie! PM me if you need some additional help after you talk with your IT dept as I might be able to help ya.
    01-25-09 10:56 PM
    I have the same problem and would be interested to hear your thoughts...
    01-26-09 02:16 PM
    Thanks guys for your help.
    I finally said: the **** with this!
    I took my user out of the bes, i downloaded 4.5.101 Everything seems to be working fine, and for the first time, I am actually seeing youtube videos and watching Sprint TV.

I will keep my bes for when I add more employees, but for now, i do not need it, and I do need the hassle of trying to make all this work either.

Thanks again guys!
    01-26-09 02:41 PM
    Glad you got it sorted Tornado!
    01-26-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD