Like what the title says.. its loose. I found replacement online for $5 and I have soldering equipment if needed. Is there a DIY around here so I can take out the other one and replace it? im planning to do this in hopes that I fix it then im selling my 1st and always be my 1st love blackberry. I love it with all my heart, but Im hopping over the 8330 side. Its been a fun 3-4 months with my phone. So if anyone can help me with the connector that would be nice.

Is it true that 8330 are cheaper than the 8830 now? Ive seen deals and stuff and the 8330 is $79 with plan n after rebate and the 8830 is $149 with plan n after rebate. Im not planning on getting a plan or upgrading im buying one from craigslist, theres a local store that sells used phones. Even at the store 8830 is for $220 and the 8330 is only $150.

EDIT: I have an old Motorola Q.. It has a USB connector. The phone its self dont work anymore but the USB does. Can I use this one? I saw someone use their old phone's USB on their BB..

EDIT: So, lately.. (few minutes) my phone has been losing connection to VZW.. its on and off that its connected to VZW like, it would say "Insert Sim Card" when its not connected and if it is connected it shows the Signal bars.
    Last edited by bbbbbkny; 12-14-08 at 05:19 AM.
    12-14-08 02:58 AM
    The same thing has happened to me 3 times. The port gets loose and it stop charging my phone. Each time I took it to Verizon and they ended up having to replace my phone. It sucks!! You should see if your carrier will replace your phone for free before you buy parts and try to do it yourself.
    12-14-08 02:45 PM
    The same thing has happened to me 3 times. The port gets loose and it stop charging my phone. Each time I took it to Verizon and they ended up having to replace my phone. It sucks!! You should see if your carrier will replace your phone for free before you buy parts and try to do it yourself.
    I bought this phone from digicircle.com =( So, I doubt verizon will do that for me =( unless anyone has past experiences like this and successfully replaced it. Now, I need help BADLY with my reception. It always says "Insert Sim Card" what's causing this? Its as if I cant find connection. & I always used to have full bar connection in my room.HELP!!
    12-15-08 01:06 PM
    Had this happen to me with my old HTC. Brought it to work and soldered it back on the circuit board...a real pain because the pins that hold these ports on the board are REALLY small. Good Luck....I think it was just poorly designed
    12-15-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD