Hello,

I have an 8830 on Bell network, just got it a week or so, I am new to this. I have put in a new 4 gig card and loaded up some mp3's. The blackberry occasionally refuses to change to a new song and just hangs up. It also some times does change songs? There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason?

It also goes into reboot mode, say sometimes after 2 or 3 or 4 or ?# of songs, the music stops, the hour glass comes up on the screen and the machine reboots.

Please help.

Michael
    10-02-09 05:42 PM
    Did you get your music from an illigal source? I'm not judging you, I do it too. But sometimes a mp3 file may be corrupt and it will do that to your phone. Like I had the movie I Am Legeng on my sd card but when I tried to play it, my phone would begin flashing all its lights and shut off. So try reformating your card and starting over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 12:01 AM
    I have a 8310 on Rogers and it sometimes does the same thing. I'll be playing a song and when I go to switch it it just freezes and I have to pull the battery to get it to work again. Once it starts back up I can play that song with no problems.
    I haven't found any solution to it, maybe Daniel is on to something with the files being corrupt.
    10-03-09 12:19 AM
    I do not think the music is corrupt. But I will reformat the card and start again. I will update the group later today or tommorrow.
    10-04-09 01:14 PM
    It appears that the issue was related to the actual mp3's as Danial indicated. I reformatted my card. Borrowwed some music from two other friends and installed on the card using the updated version 5 of the interface software and have been playing sins pretty much since Monday without any problems.
    10-07-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD