I have a Verizon BB 8830 WE US CDMA that I am trying to unlock. Research tells me that this phone can and also cannot be unlocked for domestic use because Verizon operates this phone on a unique radio band.

I have purchased unlock codes and they did not work. There are super unlock sites that are making claims that their super codes will unlock almost everything but I am concerned about permanently locking the phone up.

Now I am reading about flashing and wondering whether that is a better and viable option.

I am hoping to move to TMobile if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    03-02-10 10:24 PM
    The 8830 cannot be used for domestic GSM, it does not have the hardware for it. Unlocking it will not make a difference.
    Last edited by bluedragon1971; 03-02-10 at 10:47 PM.
    03-02-10 10:45 PM
    I have a Verizon BB 8830 WE US CDMA that I am trying to unlock. Research tells me that this phone can and also cannot be unlocked for domestic use because Verizon operates this phone on a unique radio band.

I have purchased unlock codes and they did not work. There are super unlock sites that are making claims that their super codes will unlock almost everything but I am concerned about permanently locking the phone up.

Now I am reading about flashing and wondering whether that is a better and viable option.

I am hoping to move to TMobile if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Unlocking it will not help with use here in the US as the frequency bands are not supported. You can flash it, but that will not help you in your quest to use it on T-mobile. Sorry
    03-03-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD