Since s Service Pack 3 has been installed on my computers I can not sync my 8830. Is anyone else having this problem? Any cure? I have invested so much tome on this that I am considering throwing out Blackberry and getting a MS phone.
    09-16-08 10:32 AM
    I found a cure. On the web I found a way to remove SP-3 and all is working now. WARNING: SP3 and Blackberry may not be compatable!
    09-16-08 11:35 AM
    This is nonsense. Works just fine. Sorry to say, but it's just you.
    09-16-08 03:51 PM
    JRSCCivic98:

"It is not opposition but indifference which separates men." - Mary P. Follett

This happened on two computers. On one (Lenovo X300) I was forced to remove SP3 to sync my BB on the other (Dell desktop) I had to remove the BB desktop and re-installed it before it would sync.
    09-17-08 09:17 AM
    Since s Service Pack 3 has been installed on my computers I can not sync my 8830. Is anyone else having this problem? Any cure? I have invested so much tome on this that I am considering throwing out Blackberry and getting a MS phone.
    I've been running SP3 since it was first released and I've never had any problems syncing my BB. What version of DM are you using? If you haven't already, try updating to the latest version (4.6) and see if that helps. Just a thought
    09-17-08 03:26 PM
    I purchased my 8830 last March w/corresponding Desktop Manager of that point in time. About 3 or so months ago downloaded SP3-no problems. About a month ago updated the Desktop Manager and my BB's OS version. Still no problems.
    09-17-08 06:11 PM
    JRSCCivic98:

"It is not opposition but indifference which separates men." - Mary P. Follett

This happened on two computers. On one (Lenovo X300) I was forced to remove SP3 to sync my BB on the other (Dell desktop) I had to remove the BB desktop and re-installed it before it would sync.
    Well, let's see. If the Dell still has SP3 on it and you simply reinstalled DM on it to sync (as depicted by this statement), then it can't be SP3... now can it. Add to that the others on here who have SP3 and don't have issues.

Sorry, I don't have any quotes to recite so I can be cool like you.
    09-17-08 07:26 PM
    I have several PC here and all are running SP3. I have DM 4.6 on 3 of them and have zero problems.

One thing I AM SURE OF, SP3 is not your problem.

I have also installed SP3 on about 50 other PC - 10 of which use DM and BlackBerrys and the all work just fine.
    09-17-08 07:33 PM
    Is DM 4.6 solid? I know there were a lot of problems with 4.5, so I have stuck to 4.3.
    09-18-08 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD