Is it possible to move memos from a Palm Tungsten E to a Blackberry 8830?
    Thanks!
    01-02-08 05:24 PM
    Can't you just use the utility that's included with the RIM desktop manager software?
    01-02-08 05:27 PM
    Yeah,just use the switch device wizard option on the desktop manager
    01-02-08 05:31 PM
    I guess I'll lump all these Palm/BB 8830/and now MS Outlook/Vista questions in this thread,,,

OK, so, I am switching from a Palm Tungsten E to a BB 8830,

I have contacts, memos, calendars in the Palm T/E, what is the best way to move them to the BB 8830?

I was thinking that the best way was to move the Palm T/E info to the MS Outlook/Vista, then sync the BB 8830 to the MS Outlook/Vista. Does this sound logical?

Also, when I downloaded the BB Desktop Manager, there does not seem to have a desktop version of the platform ala Palm, in which I could incorporate info and later sync the handheld. Is this true?

Thanks for the help.
    01-03-08 08:56 AM
    well, I couldn't move my info from my Tungsten E to my Pearl--I had to buy a program called Palm Transfer(or some such), it cost 25 bucks, but it was worth every penny. I am not sure whick devices the transfer program that comes with BB is for, but it did NOT work for me.
    Umass021 likes this.
    01-03-08 10:05 AM
    well, I couldn't move my info from my Tungsten E to my Pearl--I had to buy a program called Palm Transfer(or some such), it cost 25 bucks, but it was worth every penny. I am not sure whick devices the transfer program that comes with BB is for, but it did NOT work for me.

tnx dlgus
    did you try a third party like MS Outlook as a relay between the T/E and the BB?
    01-03-08 10:34 AM
    I installed the BB Desktop Manager on a Vista-run PC. How come I am not seeing a desktop version of the calendar, etc (in which I could enter data & later sync with my PDA) on my PC as I would with a Palm T/E?

help?
    01-05-08 06:31 AM
    Well, blackberry doesn't come with a calendar utility like palm does, so you do have to "switch" everything to outlook....I'm not happy with it, but until something better comes along....

The switch did go over smoothly, but I miss my datebk6.
    01-06-08 09:39 AM
    Well, blackberry doesn't come with a calendar utility like palm does, so you do have to "switch" everything to outlook....I'm not happy with it, but until something better comes along....

The switch did go over smoothly, but I miss my datebk6.
    I see now. Thanks. I am still stuck though (more on next post).
    01-08-08 06:35 AM
    Yeah,just use the switch device wizard option on the desktop manager

Thanks for the recommendation. However, the Switch Device Wizard does not have the Tungsten E listed as a handheld device, it only has Treo. Does that mean it would only work with a Palm Treo and not with a T/E?
    01-08-08 06:38 AM
    dlgus:
    Could you give me more info on the Palm Transfer you mentioned?

As I mentioned in another post here, I've been trying to use Microsoft Outlook as a conduit between my Palm T/E and my BB 8830 WE. To this end, I downloaded 'palmoutlook2007conduits updater' from Palm.com. It is supposed to help in syncing Palm with MS Outlook. So, right now, I have this installed in my PC but I do not know how exactly to engage it. Both the Palm Desktop and MS Outlook still looks the same. How do I get them to sync??? Does anybody have any insight on this? The other thing to mention is that my PC OS is Vista. Thanks for the help!!!
    01-08-08 06:47 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation. However, the Switch Device Wizard does not have the Tungsten E listed as a handheld device, it only has Treo. Does that mean it would only work with a Palm Treo and not with a T/E?
    So, when I click on Switch Device Wizard it says it could "transfer from Palm/Treo or other Windows-based handheld (or something like that)."
    And then, when I click on "Next" it tells me to select which handheld I will be working with, BUT THEN all the choices are greyed out (I cannot click on any of them, none are 'active'). I have both my Palm Tungsten E and BB 8830 WE USB'ed in, so I am guessing SDW is not recognizing my Palm T/E? HELP?!?!?
    01-08-08 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD