Anyone else experience a delay with the 8830 when pressing the button on the phone to answer the call and when you actually can be heard?
    07-07-09 11:19 AM
    Yes, I've noticed that with my 8830 ever since I upgraded to OS 4.5. It isn't a big delay, but it is noticeable. And I can tell by the tone of the party's voice that he has already said hello more than once.
    07-07-09 11:26 AM
    Yes, I've noticed that with my 8830 ever since I upgraded to OS 4.5. It isn't a big delay, but it is noticeable. And I can tell by the tone of the party's voice that he has already said hello more than once.
    Exactly what I'm experiencing.
    07-07-09 11:38 AM
    my wife gets this with her pearl also
    07-07-09 12:56 PM
    I haven't noticed a delay in when I can be heard, but I have noticed a delay between when I answer the call and when the display updates to show I answered the call.

Update:
    I just made a few test calls. There is a slight delay between pressing the button and audio actually being transmitted. It seems to be variable.

Edit:
    8830 running 4.5.0.135
    Last edited by codemaker; 07-07-09 at 08:52 PM.
    07-07-09 03:51 PM
    I've noticed the same problem since upgrading the OS. In fact, this afternoon I accidently disconnected a call that I was trying to answer because of the delay; I pushed the green answer-button twice because I didn't think that I was connected and I ended up losing the call.

There is also a delay between the time that the call is answered and when the screen display changes to confirm the connection. I've also noticed a screen delay when I make outgoing calls, and it all gets worse when I'm using my BT headset to answer or disconnect from calls.

It doesn't seem to affect the actual usage of the BB, but I'm finding it confusing because I'm never positive that I've connected with a call, hung up from a call, etc. I haven't been able to find any work-around for it---has anyone?
    07-07-09 04:58 PM
    This is happening to me as well.
    07-07-09 07:24 PM
    I've noticed the same problem since upgrading the OS. In fact, this afternoon I accidently disconnected a call that I was trying to answer because of the delay; I pushed the green answer-button twice because I didn't think that I was connected and I ended up losing the call.
    Some people using some of the new RIM OSs are reporting this.

I upgraded my 8900 from the .114 OS to the .250 OS and had the problem for a couple of days. Seems to have cured itself now and all is working well. No explanation why it would have cured itself.
    07-07-09 07:35 PM
    I have the lag on my Curve 8330. I Have upgraded OS and the lag endures.
    07-07-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD