Hi,

I recently received a new blackberry and was in the midst of setting up like my old device. I've gone ahead and made a new folder based on use (i.e) games, apps, etc.

However whenever i move something into a folder it doesn't seem to show up in that folder. An example is brickbreaker, i moved it into a folder titled "Games" but whenever i go into that folder nothing shows up, not even on the main screen with all the other icons.

I can get it to re-appear if i delete the folder but I'm lost as to what i seem to be doing wrong. replicating this on another device doesn't seem to work as they all show the icons in the correct folder.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jesse
    07-30-08 09:59 AM
    Hi,

I recently received a new blackberry and was in the midst of setting up like my old device. I've gone ahead and made a new folder based on use (i.e) games, apps, etc.

However whenever i move something into a folder it doesn't seem to show up in that folder. An example is brickbreaker, i moved it into a folder titled "Games" but whenever i go into that folder nothing shows up, not even on the main screen with all the other icons.

I can get it to re-appear if i delete the folder but I'm lost as to what i seem to be doing wrong. replicating this on another device doesn't seem to work as they all show the icons in the correct folder.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jesse
    When you move breakbreaker into the new folder you created, do you see a a small icon superimposed on the folder icon when you move brickbreaker over the folder icon? If you click the folder icon, do you see a folder icon with a green up-arrow? Breakbreaker should be there too. Is it? Is anything?

You might try alt-r.shft-del to reboot your device after moving breakbreaker into the folder and see if it appears.
    07-30-08 10:52 PM
    I had a similar problem. Try pulling the battery for a minute and see if it starts behaving.
    07-31-08 03:17 AM
    I've tested it on another device and on the other blackberry i get an up arrow so that I can navigate up out of the folder along with the brickbreaker.

On the problematic device i get nothing within the folder just empty space.

I will try pulling the battery and see how that works

Thanks
    07-31-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD