I've been reading these posts for a little while now and just ran the 4.5 upgrade on my phone. One of the main reasons was so that I would hopefully stop missing my calls. With the "loud" profile turned on, I could be holding my phone in my hand, knowing someone is trying to call, and all I see is that I missed a call. That was the issue with the 4.3 OS. Now after upgrading to the 4.5 OS, I'm still having the same problem. Do you guys have any ideas?
    12-09-08 09:54 PM
    I don't think that volume is an os issue. Did someone tell you it was?
    12-09-08 09:56 PM
    No, I was just kinda hoping that with this upgrade, whatever issue I was having would have been resolved. The volume is up all the way, by the way. The phone just doesnt seem to catch the call until after it's missed.
    12-09-08 09:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/sup...ume-huh-47795/

Read EVERYTHING on the post with instructions. If you're on OS4.5.0.101, this will not work, but below that, it works great.
    12-10-08 12:58 AM
    No, I was just kinda hoping that with this upgrade, whatever issue I was having would have been resolved. The volume is up all the way, by the way. The phone just doesnt seem to catch the call until after it's missed.
    What is your free file number at? How many programs are you running in the background at one time? That sounds like a lack of memory issue to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 06:15 AM
    Pull the battery out while the phone is turned on. Leave it out at least 1 minute. Put it back.
    12-10-08 08:44 AM
    I've pulled the battery. Actually I have to do that about once a day just to make sure that I receive all of my calls. That always alleviates the problem, but only temporarily. It seemed better after installing 4.5.0.101. Yesterday it all started again.

If it is an issue with free memory, is there a way that I can adjust it, or am I stuck rebooting once a day?

12-10-08 09:04 AM
    I've pulled the battery. Actually I have to do that about once a day just to make sure that I receive all of my calls. That always alleviates the problem, but only temporarily. It seemed better after installing 4.5.0.101. Yesterday it all started again.

If it is an issue with free memory, is there a way that I can adjust it, or am I stuck rebooting once a day?

Get rid of programs that you do not use. I found that while it is nice to be able to open office files on my BB, but at the same time I never used the Docs to go i got rid of that program. that by itself opens up 2.5MB. Beamberry again another nice to have but never really use. That was another 1MB. Bottom line if you don't use it get rid of it. You can always download it again later it needed.
    12-10-08 11:25 AM
    Having extra themes on the phone also eats memory. While they are nice, they eat space. I have the stock themes plus 2 at all times. Get a memory card to hold your ringtones, wallpapers, pictures, etc. Don't let the file free get below 12mb.
    12-10-08 06:35 PM
    Minimizing the amout of programs I have installed seems to be working so far. All I have installed are two iBerry themes, Myspace, Facebook, Google Talk, and the CNBC and CNN icon links. With only those installed I only have about 11 mb of free space. When I installed 4.5.0.101 I tried to limit what I needed to the essentials only. No help file, no password keeper and some other stuff I didn't need.

Are there any other things that I can do to free up more space?

12-10-08 08:33 PM
    if you comfortable go through the memory clean-up procedure in my signature, i've also heard that facebook has caused memory leaks with some ppl. it happened to me actually, i just deleted it and use the mobile site now.
    12-10-08 09:08 PM
    I haven't had access to a computer for a few days so I haven't been able to view your signature to run the memory cleanup. I did delete most of the programs on my phone freeing up about 16 mb's. However the free memory still fluctuates between 11 and 16 megs. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

12-12-08 08:44 AM
    I haven't had access to a computer for a few days so I haven't been able to view your signature to run the memory cleanup. I did delete most of the programs on my phone freeing up about 16 mb's. However the free memory still fluctuates between 11 and 16 megs. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

These phones naturally use memory for day to day operations. I find mine will drop down to around 8-9MB under normal usage. At that point I will reboot.

12-12-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD