Just got new kingston microsd 2gb (11.95 after google checkout at buy.com) problem is, cant see it as mass media on my pc or through the desktop manager?! Anyone know any ideas
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; 11-01-07 at 09:55 AM.
    11-01-07 09:52 AM
    if you have a password set on your device it will not show up on your computer untill you put the password in on your device as per the prompt ...
    11-01-07 10:04 AM
    if you have a password set on your device it will not show up on your computer untill you put the password in on your device as per the prompt ...
    Nope no password, even formatted the card just in case. I cant see it as a drive using mass storage option or turning that off and running media manager. I want to take the pics and put them off the device memory and onto the card instead, any other ideas?
    11-01-07 10:06 AM
    what are your settings for your media card?

Options >> Media Card >> (list what you have selected)
    11-01-07 10:16 AM
    media card support> on
    encyrption> none
    mass storage> off (I have run this with it on as well)

total space 1.8gb
    free space 1.8gb
    11-01-07 10:17 AM
    mass storage mode support needs to be turned on before you connect the device to your computer ...
    11-01-07 10:32 AM
    I had this same problem when I first got mine. Take your battery out, the put it back in. It'll take the phone a minute to get itself back running again, but once it's back up it should recognize the Micro SD card
    11-01-07 04:19 PM
    First of all, you made no mention of going to the Blackberry website and downloading the 8830 USB and modem drivers and then installing them on your pc.

If you don't do this, your pc might not recognize the Blackberry 8830 and it's media card.

I hookup my 8830 to my home computer, work computer and my friends computer. I installed the Blackberry 8830 usb and modem drivers on all 3 computers.

Go to the Blackberry website to find them.

Good Luck,

George C
    11-01-07 11:36 PM
    i've always been able to see the micro SD card on any computer weither or not it had the correct drivers installed (and those are only for charging via USB) you have to have mass media mode enabled on the device for the computer to have access to the media card ...
    11-02-07 07:20 AM
    Once I installed the device drivers and software and enabled Mass Storage device, my comp was able to see it just fine. Make sure you have the drivers installed or the phone will show up as an unknown USB device.
    11-02-07 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD