Help if you can.
    I have now installed my 3rd micro SD card thinking it was the problem, but after formatting on both my PC & BB, and then loading all my fav tunes, etc. Everytime my BB starts up, I get the media failure message and the BB8830 won't read the card. The message is;

"A media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk err-checking utility on a computer."

I have done this with no issues found. It appears the BB is having a read problem.
    06-02-08 01:23 PM
    Do you have any friends with a BB you could try the card in? If you could troubleshoot whether the problem is your BB or the card would be beneficial. Also, if you format the card on your computer, make sure you are formatting it to FAT32.
    06-02-08 01:35 PM
    How did you format it ? Can the card be formated from the blackberry itself ?
    06-03-08 01:51 PM
    Yes it can -
    Go to Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Media Card.
    06-03-08 02:06 PM
    You can format the card in the Blackberry: Options/Media Card/Menu/Format. If your card is already installed in the bb, do that first.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then you can remove the card, put it in an SD adapter, and format it your PC. Using the PC, you can format it to FAT32, but I don't believe that is necessary unless you are trying to use a card larger than 4GB.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-03-08 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Sorry for the echo, Chaz.
    06-03-08 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD