For some reason when i get some sms text messages they do not go away from the today (theme) messages section. i have tried deleting the messages, rebooting the phone, nothing works. i never had this problem with my pearl that i did a transfer from. im on v4.5.0.138
    06-18-09 12:20 PM
    whats crazy is after i delete them my message box is empty, yet i can still click on the message in the today screen and see the full message.
    06-18-09 12:22 PM
    some more insight. new sms messages dont stay up there, its just this one message. this happened a while back and deleting the inbox fixed it. no luck.
    06-19-09 08:17 AM
    I've had the same thing happen from time to time. One solution is to go into Messages/Options/General Options and set "SMS and email Inboxes" from "Combined" [or Theme controlled] to "separate". Then back on the home screen you will have an icon for SMS. Go there and delete the text messages. You had then re-combine if you like.

Jeff
    06-19-09 12:43 PM
    I've had the same thing happen from time to time. One solution is to go into Messages/Options/General Options and set "SMS and email Inboxes" from "Combined" [or Theme controlled] to "separate". Then back on the home screen you will have an icon for SMS. Go there and delete the text messages. You had then re-combine if you like.

Jeff
    awesome that worked! hope i dont have to keep doing this. never had this problem on my pearl. its weird.
    06-19-09 02:59 PM
    Sweet, glad this fix works, I'll let my buddy know who was having this problem
    06-19-09 03:07 PM
    dangit it keeps doing it. i think ill just leave it separated permanently. my pearl never did this there has to be something, maybe the lastest update?
    06-24-09 10:39 AM
    having the same problem found a soft reset does the trick but i dont want to keep doing that. might just have to change themes.....that might be a issue
    06-26-09 07:13 PM
    I had this happen today. Switched it from combined to separate, went in and deleted them, then switched it back combined. So far it is working the way it should.
    06-26-09 08:07 PM
    This fix worked on my husbands phone cause he was having the same issues. Thanks alot!!!
    06-26-09 08:44 PM
    yeah it works but it keeps doing it again.
    06-29-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD