I have a 8830 for work so all my work email goes there

I also have a personal email setup on it as well .. when that was setup of course it made the separate icon for that email message

How can force personal mail not to show up on the default location and only show up in the folder it made when it was created to receive it?

Thanks,
    Nick
    10-17-08 08:54 AM
    I have a 8830 for work so all my work email goes there

I also have a personal email setup on it as well .. when that was setup of course it made the separate icon for that email message

How can force personal mail not to show up on the default location and only show up in the folder it made when it was created to receive it?

Thanks,
    Nick
    You can't. By design, ALL messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. There is not a separate inbox for BES mail. BES only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.

There is a 3rd party app that will give you a BES mail box. I haven't used it. Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox
    10-17-08 03:13 PM
    Separate BlackBerry Enterprise Server email messages from BlackBerry Internet Service email messages on the BlackBerry device
    Doc ID : KB12938

Another workaround you might be interested in.

hth,

e.n.
    Last edited by el_novato; 10-18-08 at 11:05 PM. Reason: corrected broken link...
    10-17-08 08:19 PM
    Thanks JeffH and el_navto

el_navto your link is no longer there
    The page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists.
    Please use the site map below to find the page for which you are looking.

What was all that about .. maybe I can dig it up elsewhere

Thanks,
    Nick
    10-17-08 09:57 PM
    Thanks JeffH and el_navto

el_navto your link is no longer there
    The page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists.
    Please use the site map below to find the page for which you are looking.

What was all that about .. maybe I can dig it up elsewhere

Thanks,
    Nick
    Sorry about that Nick...link is now functional.

e.n.
    10-18-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD