so i just ditched my winmo for a spare 8830 i had laying around. memory question...i only have 10 MB's free and i have weather channel, ubertwitter, app world, documents to go free edition...and 2 browser shortcuts installed. i only have 10 mbs free and havent even gotten my BES booked up yet. is this normal? i only have english language installed and no preloaded pics
    02-21-10 11:21 AM
    Fortunately, the BES won't cause any significant memory loss. The 8830 only has about 48MB to work with before you load anything. You need to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. It will help you get rid of other stuff you don't need that's wasting space. The best I ever got was about 25MB file free, but you can do a lot with that. The 8830 is a very capable older machine.
    02-21-10 11:25 AM
    Agree 100% with Jeff, and would like to add removing App World, and only installing it if completely necessary to get a desired app, then delete it again. Docs is 3MB, so unless you really need it, I'd remove that too. If it's just there to view emails, BlackBerry Attachment Service, an optional install on your OS will handle that along with html. Just be sure you install a 4.5 OS.

If everyone spoke Wulfaneseô, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD