I recently purchased a 4GB HCSD Kingston Memory Card for my BB 8830 WE and have been having a few issues with it. Normally my phone would erase call history and messages every few weeks, but now since I put the memory card in, it is erasing my history every couple of hours. However it is keeping all of my emails. Is there anything that I can do about this, or do I just have to deal with it? Specific help or directions would be greatly appreciated!
    07-26-09 08:26 PM
    I don't think this has anything to do with the mem card. Check how much free space the device itself has. I am guessing it is low. Do a search on the forum for cleaning up memory. This is a known problem. The phone will start deleting call logs and old emails/sms/messages to free up space.
    07-26-09 10:07 PM
    I agree - it shouldn't matter if the SD card is inserted or not. You need to check to see how much free memory you have on the BB itself (before and after a battery pull).

If there is anything you have in internal memory that can be moved to SD card (pics, music, videos) to fee up internal memory, you'll want to do that. It definitely sounds like you have the internal memory close to filled.
    07-27-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD