When I listen to music using the build-in media player in the 8800, the Voice Dialing application would suddenly come up. The problem ocurrs only when I use a headphone. It desn't happen all the time but very annoying when it happens.

Does any know why? Is it a defect?

Thanks.
    10-10-07 02:56 PM
    I have a similar issue. I use a wired headset and voice activated dialing pops up anytime I try to make a call. I have tried dialing and connecting before plugging in the headset but when I plug in the headset the call is disconnected and voice activated dialing pops up.

I would be content turning off voice activated dialing but I have not learned to do that either.
    10-12-07 01:38 PM
    I have noticed a few similar problems which i think may be related to the latest os.
    I upgraded my os then next time i used the media player with headphones noticed the left earpiece had stopped working. i tried to repair the earplugs but couldnt so i bought a new set. same problem but now also the voice dialling prob. im thinking about removing all media software then reinstalling....ill let you know if it works
    10-13-07 04:21 AM
    Let me give you all an update on what I found out so far.

The problem occurred when I used a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm plug adapter so I could use a regular stereo headphone. It was intermittent; sometimes okay but sometimes not. I also found the stereo is gone when I did that. For the two adapters that I tried, the one with a build-in pause button gives sounds to both speakers of the headphone but without stereo. For the one without a pause button, only one speaker works.

Interestingly, the mono ear plug that came with the package works fine. Apparently, there is a wiring issue but I don't know for sure.

Next, I am going to buy an OEM stereo headset and see if that still gives the same problem. If it does, something is wrong with the blackberry itself.

Stay tuned.
    10-17-07 09:11 AM
    I finally have the answer!

I received my OEM stereo headset this weekend and it works beautifully!

The problem is in the wiring. Typical 2.5 mm has two insultation rings on the plug. The one from the factory has three! That is why those 2.5 mm headsets you buy from the street don't work. They will short the circuit. Good thing is that they don't damage your Blackberry.

If you are in the market for an OEM headset for your Blackberry, try Amazon.com. They have the best price. I only spent less than $6 for the headset. The shipping actually costed more. It was about $7.

Here is the headset model number: HDW13019001

If you get it from Blackberry.com, it would cost you about $30 - $40 including shipping.

I hope this article helps those frustrated by the same headset issue.
    10-29-07 09:01 AM
    Is there an adapter that is wired correctly? The sound quality on my Shure's won't be matched by a $7 pair of phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-07 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD