Hi, I have a 1GB media chip for my blackberry world which has pictures from my old phone on it and music that I loaded onto it. It worked fine for a long time but then one day when I turned on my blackberry it said that a media chip was inserted but it would not read it and to check the chip for disk errors with a disk error utility. I was wondering what I can do to fix this problem, as I do not know of any disk error utilities. Thanks for the help.
    01-04-09 04:59 PM
    Hi, I have a 1GB media chip for my blackberry world which has pictures from my old phone on it and music that I loaded onto it. It worked fine for a long time but then one day when I turned on my blackberry it said that a media chip was inserted but it would not read it and to check the chip for disk errors with a disk error utility. I was wondering what I can do to fix this problem, as I do not know of any disk error utilities. Thanks for the help.
    You might be able to recover the data using programs like rescue me or something like it. Typically you are going to pay for a good data recovery program though. It sounds like the memory card has gotten corrupted. Before you fully condemn it though I would take it out and reinsert it just to make sure that it didn't get unseated in the slot that it sits in.
    01-04-09 05:38 PM
    You might be able to recover the data using programs like rescue me or something like it. Typically you are going to pay for a good data recovery program though. It sounds like the memory card has gotten corrupted. Before you fully condemn it though I would take it out and reinsert it just to make sure that it didn't get unseated in the slot that it sits in.
    I have taken it out and re-inserted multiple times. What are the names of good recovery programs that I can get for the blackberry?
    01-04-09 05:46 PM
    I have taken it out and re-inserted multiple times. What are the names of good recovery programs that I can get for the blackberry?
    Rescue Me is the one that I have used in the past on thumbdrives and such. It worked pretty good.
    01-04-09 07:03 PM
    Have you tried to access your files via mass storage mode on your PC using the USB sync cable? You may be able to drag and drop them onto your PC, format your media card, and then re-drag and drop them back onto your card.
    01-04-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD