Hello,
    I have a blackberry 8820. Yesterday i wanted to put some music on it so i took my 2gb microsd card of my old nokia, on my 2 previous phones the media card worked fine, but on this blackberry the sd card is a total nightmare.

My blackberry sees the card but it says i have to format the card, ok i tried to format it on the blackberry, it says format failure. I thought like ok no problem let's try to format it on my old phone and put it in my blackberry. It didn't work, it still said i had to format the media card. I was searching on forums and most of the people said that i had to format it on my computer by using an sd card reader. So i tried that. My computer didn't saw the card it says like insert a discette in F, really strange. When i try to format it on the computer by using my blackberry. The same problem. So i thought i had a great idea by putting the sd card in my old phone and trying to format it that way and gues what, it worked! Well, i could format it but my blackberry still couldn't read the sd card, it still said like format media card, and when i tried to format it i got the same message again (format failed). I formatted it in FAT and FAT32 neither of them worked. I also tried battery pulls and that kind of stuff. Nothing works...

Can somebody please tell me what the f I'm doing wrong?
    (sorry if my English isn't that good)
    12-13-09 08:23 AM
    Hello,
    I have a blackberry 8820. Yesterday i wanted to put some music on it so i took my 2gb microsd card of my old nokia, on my 2 previous phones the media card worked fine, but on this blackberry the sd card is a total nightmare.

My blackberry sees the card but it says i have to format the card, ok i tried to format it on the blackberry, it says format failure. I thought like ok no problem let's try to format it on my old phone and put it in my blackberry. It didn't work, it still said i had to format the media card. I was searching on forums and most of the people said that i had to format it on my computer by using an sd card reader. So i tried that. My computer didn't saw the card it says like insert a discette in F, really strange. When i try to format it on the computer by using my blackberry. The same problem. So i thought i had a great idea by putting the sd card in my old phone and trying to format it that way and gues what, it worked! Well, i could format it but my blackberry still couldn't read the sd card, it still said like format media card, and when i tried to format it i got the same message again (format failed). I formatted it in FAT and FAT32 neither of them worked. I also tried battery pulls and that kind of stuff. Nothing works...

Can somebody please tell me what the f I'm doing wrong?
    (sorry if my English isn't that good)
    Here's my suggestion, take all of the media off the card (if you haven't done so already) as it sounds like you could have a corrupt file on the card. Once you take all of the media of the card then insert it back into the berry then try to format. If that still doesn't work I would just simply get a new card. If the computer didn't recognize it with the card reader it may be a bad card anyway. They are not that expensive and it would save you some heartache in the long run.
    12-13-09 09:01 AM
    Here's my suggestion, take all of the media off the card (if you haven't done so already) as it sounds like you could have a corrupt file on the card. Once you take all of the media of the card then insert it back into the berry then try to format. If that still doesn't work I would just simply get a new card. If the computer didn't recognize it with the card reader it may be a bad card anyway. They are not that expensive and it would save you some heartache in the long run.
    Thanks for comment, I don't think its a bad card cause it worked on my previous phones, but I already gave up all hope and I tried everything so I'm going to buy a new card unless someone comes with the solution but i don't think so...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 10:54 AM
    Thanks for comment, I don't think its a bad card cause it worked on my previous phones, but I already gave up all hope and I tried everything so I'm going to buy a new card unless someone comes with the solution but i don't think so...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Reformat it. Do what Iceman said. Blackberry's are completely different devices with different operating systems.
    12-13-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD