Hi all,
    I just updated to a Curve WE, from a Pearl that bit the dust. Love the WE keyboard, and have everything up and running I need.
    Except for the fact I get a ton of emails from RIM, saying this message is being used by RIM to deliver mail to or from a server(Or something like that) I got 56 Sunday, and I know I didnt deal with that many mails through my account.
    I did clear a couple email accounts left on the phone from the previous owner, but I am thinking maybe I didnt get everything cleared from them? Is there a setting I can change?
    Thanks for any help!
    Digger
    04-07-09 08:11 PM
    if you have a 8830WE, it's not A CURVE. It has to be unsubcribed from that mailing list.
    04-07-09 08:12 PM
    Ok, my bad, it is a 8830 WE. Still get dozens of these emails coming and going from my outlook, and i use a web based mail system.
    04-07-09 08:22 PM
    Are you BES or BIS? It sounds like it was set up to use BES instead of BIS.
    04-07-09 09:45 PM
    It was BES, but I deleted, reloaded DM 4.6, and went with the BIS.
    04-08-09 07:17 AM
    Those sound like redirector messages. Dump everything and start from scratch.
    04-08-09 10:16 AM
    Sprint just said go to my email on the web and block them. Will try to cut and paste one to make sure you are sure. Thanks!
    04-08-09 04:00 PM
    Ok, I think it is fixed, FYI for others, I deleted the service books, made sure I was not on BES, then went to the Sprint website, and asked for new service books. Not sure exactly why, but no more messages, I think the old service books had the old email account info in it. Whatever, it is nice not to have hundreds of these in the box in the AM. Thanks!
    04-12-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD