Anyone know what the loudest ringtone is for this darned phone? For my job, I often times get calls in the middle of the night and none of these ringtones are loud enough to wake me... Any help would be appreciated.
    10-18-07 03:22 PM
    10-18-07 03:23 PM
    Try calypso. You can also go into your address book and click on any of your phone #. Click your menue key and click edit than custome ring tones. Than click on the assigned ring tone. This will take you to all of the ring tones. You can scroll up and down to listen to them. Also go to your home page. Click on profiles go to advanced, than edit and than click on phone. Here you can edit your default ringer for everything.

FYI The ringers are going to be low no matter what you try. There is suppose to be a software update for your phone. Keep calling your provider and talk to advanced tech support and keep complaining about it until they fix it. I am doing that right now. Good luck!
    10-19-07 09:19 PM
    I was using calypso for most calls until I heard this one. I have a new tone now. Thank you! The best ring tone is the one my bluetooth rings in my ear before the BB rings. I just listen for the tone type from the BB to see if it is someone I know enough to assign a special ring.
    10-19-07 11:00 PM
    I use grover fire dept air horns!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-07 04:52 AM
    So I'm still pretty new to this... How do I put this ringtone on my phone?
    10-20-07 10:13 AM
    Start here at Crackberry. Downloads and tools, ringtones. I have a folder I put them in on my computer called....blackberry. The once desktop manager is open and the BB is connected just open the media manager and use it like windows explorer. Open the right files and move them to the BB under My Ringtones. Once you start here you be looking every where for them. Good luck.
    10-21-07 02:07 AM
    When I open the bb desktop manager only 4 icons appear - Application Loader, Backup & Restore, Switch Device Wizard, and Synchronize.... Where is this famed "Media Manager" that everyone is so fond of? lol
    10-21-07 08:10 AM
    yeah i've been tryin to get my sound louder..but to no sucess..i wish there was a way to.
    10-21-07 04:13 PM
    I use the calypso too! I never have a problem hearing my phone. At night it might be a different story, but then again i don't really have anyone that calls me that late.
    10-22-07 08:22 AM
    Can any one share a few mp3s that are LOUD....... Please
    12-12-07 11:44 PM
    Can any one share a few mp3s that are LOUD....... Please
    Ever tried making your own?

try my post here if you are technically saavy
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/how...d-8830-a-9345/

Of course be careful in not blowing up your speaker

Mods: sticky my post?
    12-13-07 08:41 AM
    NCC.... Thank you so much for the ring tone......My main and ONLY ring tone is the classic that you shared and I did try to download the program but I ride the short bus and I can not figure it out

Can you kindly share a few more of YOUR load ring tones...... Please....
    12-15-07 06:37 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one facing this problem. Thanks for all the help in this department.
    12-20-07 10:39 AM
    Wow, the above ringtone is very loud... I love it!
    12-21-07 12:49 AM
    I use grover fire dept air horns!

Where did you get that tone?
    12-23-07 01:32 PM
    I also think that the "Bach Fuge D Minor". That is already on the phone is quite loud. I have an 8830 from Verizon, and I have absolutley no troubles hearing the phone ring!!!!

12-25-07 07:49 AM
    Good responses
    03-10-08 11:00 AM
    Good responses
    That ringtone was a life saver for me. I point everyone that asks for a loud ringtone to this thread. Think I'll add it to my signature.
    03-10-08 12:29 PM
    The Eddie Murphy "ice cream" ringtone on this site is loud and funny. You should see the smiles and laughs i get when it goes off. Everybody remembers "Raw" right?, well its from that movie.
    03-10-08 02:54 PM
    The Eddie Murphy "ice cream" ringtone on this site is loud and funny. You should see the smiles and laughs i get when it goes off. Everybody remembers "Raw" right?, well its from that movie.
    That one is from "Delirious" actually. Very funny!
    03-10-08 03:20 PM
    I use the calypso too! I never have a problem hearing my phone
    03-10-08 10:09 PM
    i like the solar one
    03-10-08 10:24 PM
    I get phone calls in the middle of the night too (nature of my business) and I need the phone to wake at least my wife up. My Razr was good for this, but I was a little nervous about the 8830. I had it on the Calypso tone and that seemed ok, but the classic ringtone that has been mentioned in this thread is a total lifesaver. Logged in yesterday and downloaded it and I have it set as the phone ringer on the 'phone only' mode. I use the regular BB ringers durring the day (I have it set to loud mode during the day) and simply switch over to the 'phone only' mode at night...that way the email alerts don't keep me awake and I know that I will get my calls. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!
    03-11-08 12:33 PM
    Buzz, I have some really loud ringtones here... look at the ones filename ending in LOUD.
    Index of /ringtones
    03-11-08 12:39 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD