I am getting a lot of complaints about background noise on my phone, when I am connected on a phone call with someone. Not everyone complains, but when they do...it is not pretty. I switch from the handset to bluetooth & still get an ear load from the other caller. Any suggestions?
    11-01-07 05:41 AM
    11-01-07 09:50 AM
    I've literally had people yell at me and hang up on me.

I upgraded the software and it did nothing to fix the issues, but I did get a hard time from corporate because upgrading firmware kills Enterprise email for some stupid reason.

Ringer volume is still too low for me to hear unless I use "Calypso" ringer. So much for IDing my callers with unique ring tones.

This phones sucks in many ways - and it has sucked for a long time and the useless people at Blackberry don't seem to give a flying hoot. Great customer support (
    11-01-07 05:56 PM
    lol I had calypso as my alarm in the morning, at first it was fine, but it just got to the point where it was too startling lol...

anyway - my wife comments a bit on my backbround noise when in a noisy environment. If I'm using the phone in a normal environment she hasn't has any complaint, but driving in my car or in a boiler room - it's bad. Luckily for me though - I've got an aliph jawbone in the mail to me.

I believe I've heard somewhere that 4.3 will help more with ringtones and background noise - I can't specifically cite anywhere, but I do know I'm looking forward to it coming in soon.
    11-01-07 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD