Hey there,

I installled a new 8Gb card but kept losing connection to desktop. at that time it showed 7.xx Gb free. I formatted the card via options-> media card ->format and the total memory changed to 4Gb!

Has anyone else experienced this?

As a work around, I re-formatted the card using my PC (MicroSD->USB adapter). it showed 4Gb pre formatting but now shows 7.xx post formatting on the PC.

Just re-syncing some more music on the newly found 4GB. It seems to work ok...

Dont wanna to lose the 4Gb again... any thoughts?
    05-16-09 07:35 AM
    The usable capacity of your card is determined by your OS version. When you format the card in your BlackBerry, your OS determines the size. When you format it in your PC, you can format it to it's actual capacity. This link by Pete6 explains the relationship between capacity and OS version: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/

As long as you don't reformat your card, you won't lose your capacity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 08:08 AM
    Thanks Jeff.

Its probably the OS issue. Sync-ing files the BB and i get an error message along the lines of "something wrong with your Media card?"

There's no point loading files after 4Gb as, like Pete6 says, one cant play/view them except in explorer mode. Useless with music/pictures etc.

So I really have 2 options - reformat using the BB and keep to under 4Gb on the 8Gb card or upgrade my BB OS to a version above 4.2.2.184.

OTA doesnt work at the moment and I'm struggling to download the new OS as suggested here: forums.crackberry.com/f33/newest-8820-os-v4-5-0-124-a-137967/

it disconnects after about 24%...

But thanks for your help anyway.... I know what my options are now.
    05-16-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD