I just received a company 8820. Tough to take, as I have had a personal curve..
    anyway, when I tried to OTA install a few favorite apps, including themes.. I ger the message that IT policy prohibits loading 3rd party apps.

Is there a way to bypass policy issues.. I have a theme I love, and would love a utility that would allow an install, other than using the desktop mgr, etc.
    08-10-08 10:40 AM
    If there is an company IT policy prohibiting installing 3rd party apps, there is no way around it, without removing the IT policy.
    08-10-08 11:06 AM
    and removing an IT policy can get you fired
    08-10-08 01:16 PM
    I just received a company 8820. Tough to take, as I have had a personal curve..
    anyway, when I tried to OTA install a few favorite apps, including themes.. I ger the message that IT policy prohibits loading 3rd party apps.

Is there a way to bypass policy issues.. I have a theme I love, and would love a utility that would allow an install, other than using the desktop mgr, etc.

Your companies BB, their rules to play by. They decide what you can and cannot do on it.
    08-10-08 01:26 PM
    Total Newbie Question:

I'd like to remove the IT Policy to update Google Maps that I loaded before the first SYNC.

I wonder if you could remove the IT Policy in some fashion as discussed elsewhere, load /update desired apps and have the IT Policy reapplied upon the next sync (just as it did originally)

Does anyone know if it could work this way?

Thanks, Jim
    09-04-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD