I have had an 8830 for about a month (previously a Treo user). I just bought Outlook 2007 and loaded it onto my computer and would now like to put it on the 8830 and be able to sync the two together. I have tried the Application Loader through Desktop Manager and can't find Outlook 2007 program file as an option to load. I know that Outlook 2007 is in my Microsoft Office folder, but I don't know how to find the actual file. I don't know if I am going about this the right way. I just really want to be able to see my calendar on my computer and on my 8830 like I used to be able to do with my Treo and Palm Desktop. HELP!
    05-29-08 03:45 PM
    umm outlook does not go on the BB. it syncs with outlook using desktop manager.... in the sync options you can pick what you want to sync with your PC. Ex: contacts, calender, task, Etc.....

In no way does Outlook main program go onto a BB at all. Hope this helps....
    05-29-08 03:52 PM
    Ok, I get that now. And I understand that I go to Sync options and tell it what to sync to, but I can't identify the file for Outlook 2007 on my computer. I can find that it is in my Microsoft Office folder, but beyond that, there is nothing identifiable in that folder that says "Outlook 2007". Does anyone know what file I should be looking for?
    05-29-08 03:56 PM
    You mean your desktop shortcut for outlook...

if you mean a file for the BB there is no need for a file to be loaded....
    05-29-08 03:57 PM
    exactly. i can't identify the outlook 2007 file to tell the 8830 to sync with. any ideas?
    05-29-08 03:59 PM
    wait, maybe i'm not being clear. when i go to sync options, i have to choose a file -- i can get to the microsoft office folder but then i have to narrow it down from there and i can't find the outlook 2007 file. i know what the desktop shortcut is -- that's not what i'm talking about.
    05-29-08 04:05 PM
    Have you ran outlook yet. and created a profile. PST file...
    05-29-08 04:58 PM
    i have installed it on my computer and opened it and looked around (i have never used it before -- always used palm devices and calendar). i haven't input any appointments into the calendar. when i installed it, i enabled it to access my hotmail account, which i can now see in outlook. i don't know what you mean by creating a profile or a PST file.
    05-29-08 05:15 PM
    On your desktop go to Start, then search, search for Outlook.exe, search all files and folders. Hope this helps.
    05-29-08 05:41 PM
    1. check this out.
    How to manage .pst files in Outlook 2007, in Outlook 2003, and in Outlook 2002

2. When outlook is ran. and email addresses are created and info is placed in the address book and calender, and task, etc. this is all stored in you PST file....

But if you not seeing outlook in the sync drop down box... hmmm what is there.... it should be a few programs that desktop manager can sync with..
    05-29-08 05:41 PM
    On your desktop go to Start, then search, search for Outlook.exe, search all files and folders. Hope this helps.

The OP says he doesn't need the Shortcut... it's an issue with desktop manager.. something is not configured right.. If you read the other post it would point that out.
    05-29-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD