Hi, I recently bought a wire to plug into my blackberry to play music in my car via its mp3 port. I plugged it in and put it on AUX on my stereo and nothing. It works fine with my ipod when I do this but not with the berry. Any tips on if I need to get a different piece of equipment or anyone have similer problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 06:46 AM
    Hi... I believe your problem is the jack size. I too, was unable to use my blackberry 8800 in my car. Now that I have a blackberry with a standard 3.5 mm jack size, I am now able to play music from the device in my car.
    12-15-09 06:49 AM
    Oh ok thanks for the info. Is there any other alternative to be able to listen to music in my car? Perhaps some other type of adapter to hook on to the blackberry? Just want to see if there's any possible way to listen to my music in the car as that's one of the reasons I got this phone for too. Thanks again.

12-15-09 10:58 AM
    There are adapters you can buy to convert to the correct size. The adapter I use I had bought for an LG phone. It works just fine with my 8830 and car stereo.

12-15-09 11:30 AM
    Would you mind giving me a link for the adapter you used for your phone?

12-15-09 01:09 PM
    Hi,
    There are several adapters out there. Quite a few of them do not work with the 8830. I cannot post links, but if you go to the Crackberry Store here, just enter Headset Adapter into the search. That Seidio 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter will do the trick. I use and it works great.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by NCemtOBX; 12-15-09 at 04:31 PM. Reason: accuracy
    12-15-09 04:29 PM
    Cool thanks for all the help guys.

12-15-09 06:12 PM
    If I remember correctly, I purchased mine at a Verizon authorized reseller.
    12-15-09 08:02 PM
    monoprice.com has the least expensive stuff for hardware like this. As a bonus, they literally charge less than $1 to ship stuff, too.
    12-16-09 11:01 PM
    So I have tried many different 2.5mm to 3.5mm headset/adapters and I have yet to find one that works and gives STEREO sound. I get mono - out of one car speaker. If I fiddle the jack of the adapter it plays from the other speaker, but never both at the same time. Can any of you confirm that this Seidio one gives stereo sound? Thanks in advance. PS I'd buy one and try, but the internet shops are going to charge me 3x the cost of the adapter for shipping! so I'd rather be sure before I buy.
    02-15-10 01:42 PM
    I have the same problem, I bought the cable and adapter from Radio Shack and I only get sound on one side of my car and the cables are stereo??? I wonder if this 8830WE that I have will only work like that in my car??? Please help if you know anything to make this **** work properly.....
    03-01-10 08:03 PM
    It says you're a tour user, what gives dude? lol
    03-01-10 09:06 PM
    I have the same problem, I bought the cable and adapter from Radio Shack and I only get sound on one side of my car and the cables are stereo??? I wonder if this 8830WE that I have will only work like that in my car??? Please help if you know anything to make this **** work properly.....
    The LG adapter I purchased came in 2 parts. One had a 2.5mm plug to go into the phone and a 3.5mm jack with a microphone. The other was a set of earbuds with a 3.5mm plug. I originally bought it for an LG phone. I was surprised and pleased to discover it works with my 8830.
    03-01-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD