I have had the phone a while, but have never set up my BB Internet Service Email or had my hotmail set up to be viewed on my phone. I use a Windows Live Hotmail account with an "@live" email address rather than a "@hotmail" one, but it is still a hotmail account.

Any advice on how to set this up so I get hotmail e-mails to my phone? Is there something on the Hotmail side or something on my side I need to do?

Some other people I know had to upgrade to a $19.95 per year hotmail account to get this to work, but not sure if it's necessary or not.

Any advise is appreciated!
    01-23-08 08:44 AM
    Unless your account is 10 years old (which I doubt), the free hotmail email account don't work on a BB. It's something that MS locked out of the free accounts. If you pay for your hotmail account, then you can set it up.
    01-23-08 09:46 AM
    Any Hotmail account created BEFORE 2000, should work...
    01-23-08 11:00 AM
    Any Hotmail account created BEFORE 2000, should work...

Mine was created before then, and doesn't work. There's no rhyme or reason. Basically, they have several different Hotmail "architectures," and if you managed to be the right one, you win. If you are the wrong one, or somehow got converted to one of the wrong ones (which I think is my case since my account is very old), then you lose.
    01-23-08 11:10 AM
    I think I understand your points on the old accounts for Hotmail, but I guess my question is can I pay to link this to my BB? Since the upgrade Hotmail Live or Windows Live, I do not see any options to get this Hotmail Plus account for $19.95 per year. I could be looking in the wrong place or in the wrong way, but it is not in their help central database.

Does anyone know anything about this or have tried to get a Hotmail Plus account with a Windows Live email address? I also do not know how to set this up at all in my BB or Hotmail.

I use this email for work, so I greatly appreciate any help or advise you can give.
    01-23-08 11:24 AM
    If you already have the Plus side setup, go to BIS, and enter the respective informaiton for your Hotmail account...

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    01-23-08 11:28 AM
    i just keep feeling worse and worse about this cause i've had the account i'm using for about 7 years and it works just fine
    01-23-08 02:10 PM
    yeah, i've had mine since 2000 and it doesn't work. don't want all the junk mail going to my berry anyway! thanks microsoft for helping me realize how wonderful gmail is!
    01-23-08 02:21 PM
    I don't disagree with you on G-mail. It is better on filtering out the B.S. and crap we don't need.

The problem I have is this e-mail address is on all my advertisements and promotional stuff for my business that I can't change yet. That is why I am so interested in making it work. I finally got an e-mail into Microsoft Hotmail support so I am waiting to see if I can get signed up for Hotmail Plus or not.

Once I do, I think one of the moderator's above provided me the link to get it set up on Blackberry's end. I still don't know how I do it on hotmail's end, but I am sure I will get some insight when I get the upgraded account info.

Any other tips or instructions? Appreciate the help all!!
    01-23-08 02:40 PM
    From your device, go to 'Setup Internet Mail'. And it should be pretty much, next, next, and next...
    01-23-08 02:44 PM
    I don't disagree with you on G-mail. It is better on filtering out the B.S. and crap we don't need.

The problem I have is this e-mail address is on all my advertisements and promotional stuff for my business that I can't change yet. That is why I am so interested in making it work. I finally got an e-mail into Microsoft Hotmail support so I am waiting to see if I can get signed up for Hotmail Plus or not.

Once I do, I think one of the moderator's above provided me the link to get it set up on Blackberry's end. I still don't know how I do it on hotmail's end, but I am sure I will get some insight when I get the upgraded account info.

Any other tips or instructions? Appreciate the help all!!
    Hey, if you get a real person at Hotmail, can you pass along their contact info to me? I've got a couple of bones to pick with them, one of them being POP3.
    01-23-08 03:23 PM
    No Sh$t right? I am not holding my breath by all means. I've put in like 5 emails and I've gotten back 5 auto responses until I finally got a legit reply from an actualy person, who didn't address my question. I did get to reply directly to this person, so hoping to get something back from them. At least I think I did anyway, but who knows anymore.... Damm MSN!
    01-23-08 04:31 PM
    I have the free Hotmail (set up before 2000) and I just set it up to be pushed to my Berry and it works fine.
    01-29-08 02:54 PM
    lol. let us know if you ever get it resolved. at least you finally got a non-robot response. next time just call bill's house in WA. i'm sure he'd be glad to assist.
    01-29-08 02:58 PM
    It should work, but I believe with certain carriers it just doesn't work...
    02-06-08 07:00 AM
    Can I have more than one email set up on my blackberry?
    10-21-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD