Just recently I've had this issue with my 8830 and it's getting worse, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone else has ever experienced it.

Randomly (about once a day now) i'll take my phone out of my pocket, unlock the keyboard, and the trackball, and "B", "N", "M" keys are all screwed up. Like when you push them, instead of doing what they are supposed to, they push two OTHER buttons. for instance, if I push the trackball in, it instead registers as TF and the letter M registers BL or something...

so basically I can't use my phone at all, and have to do a battery pull. I've had the phone from verizon for under a year, but I don't want to return it unless absolutely necessary. it seems to me that it's a software glitch, but I'm not sure. Maybe the 4.5 upgrade will get rid of it? but I'm not even sure when verizon will release that...

any ideas?
    07-07-08 10:42 AM
    Has anything with sugar been spilled into the keypad? its odd that it would do that
    07-07-08 07:45 PM
    Doesn't sound like software. sounds physical dose it do it when you do any type of typing.
    07-07-08 07:57 PM
    That is definitely not a software issue. Sounds like defective hardware. I would take the phone back and swap it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 08:00 PM
    Try using some canned air on the keyboard; that might help if there is anything in there making your keys stick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 08:29 PM
    thanks for the replies...

I haven't spilled anything in it, no. And the reason I guessed that it might have been a software issue is because a battery pull works. If it was the keys themselves being screwed uo, then wouldn't they stay like that after a battery pull? but oh well, I blew some canned air inside the keypad, and will hope and pray it works!
    07-07-08 08:44 PM
    It's a hardware issue. My 8830 did the same thing. When I pushed in the trackball it would register as if i hit the "enter" key three times. Backspace would also register as "enter." Also, my "T" wouldn't push in. I called Alltel and they replaced it for free.
    07-09-08 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD