Hello hello,
    a few keys on my keyboard are acting a little strange. The "D" "T" and the "END" key require a little extra preasure. Should i take the thing apart to see what's going on with it, or do i take it back to verizon? I've had it since about december and this has been going on for a few weeks now.
    Thanks for any help.
    03-08-08 11:28 AM
    Take it back... they are good with stuff like that... just make sure u ask how much it will cost you IF something turns out to be wrong...
    03-08-08 01:13 PM
    Take it back...
    03-08-08 02:49 PM
    Take it back...
    X2 on taking it back. Your phone is still under the 1 year Manf warranty, and Verizon is good on replacing their phones that is still under warranty.
    03-08-08 11:53 PM
    There could be dirt in the keypad. A few sprays from a can of compressed air could possibly fix it.
    03-08-08 11:56 PM
    I agree with everyone. Dust off, and if no luck, call cust serv, they'll hook you up with a new BB - or at least a decent refurb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 12:03 AM
    thanks a lot guys.
    i'll take it back today.
    the only reason i didn't want to is that i have one of the Bodyguardz skins applied to it and I didn't want to lose it.

Oh, so I'm guesing all i need to do is back-up everything and the wipe my current one?
    03-09-08 02:41 PM
    keep us updated
    03-10-08 06:04 PM
    What was the verdict after taking it in? I bought mine brand new and had verizon replace it three times before I was satisfied... I guess that old saying is right... "Third times the charm." lol...
    03-11-08 04:29 AM
    My 8900 is doing the same thing.. i updated the software-nothing. Compressed air is next. if that doesnt work "Craigslist" here i come. It's not under warranty because im not on a contract.. this sucks.
    Last edited by cherryjuice; 05-16-10 at 03:20 PM.
    05-16-10 03:18 PM
    I actually had this problem with a BlackBerry off eBay. I took the phone apart and put a couplr pieces of scotch tape under the buttons with the ptoblems and it took care of the issue. In fact, I may be using that same phone right now... Ha. Try it out and let us know what happens!

05-25-10 08:47 AM
    my 8830's keyboard was really wigging out today. all the keys on the left and right edges registered as "qa", as did all four control buttons and clicking the trackball.

Tried several battery pulls, no effect, then pulled the battery and just massaged all the keys for a couple of minutes, then the right edge keys started working ok, all the left edge keys registered as "a" repeated battery pull and massage, and finally it seems to be working ok.

for now
    05-30-10 07:24 PM
    Wow, that is wierd. I have never heard of entire sets of keys not working like that. You might start looking for new units on eBay. I was able to buy my 8830 for about $40. The unit that handles the keyboard input (among other things) is seperate from the rest of the phone. You might be able to purchase that and a new keyboard to fix the problem too.

05-31-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD