so i've had my 8830 for less than a week and already it's messed up. It loads up to a white screen with the error message JVM error 548 must restart scroll for more options. I've tried every option and it ends up just restarting to that message. No idea what happened, my phone worked last night plugged it in to charge and this morning noticed the white light and saw the message. I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in and also taking the battery out for more than an hour and putting it back in. No luck. I figured i'd post a message incase anyone has any ideas, but my it department at work will be getting a call and hopefully will be dealing with this problem tomorrow. Thanks all for any suggestions.
    09-03-07 10:13 PM
    You'll need to reinstall the OS to the device.
    09-03-07 10:19 PM
    that's what i figured and that sounds like a job for the IT department at my firm
    09-04-07 01:11 AM
    Yep...not a bad idea. Hopefully, they'll know what to do (many of them don't, believe it or not.) Many times they'll just exchange it for another. You *may* be better off reloading the OS yourself. However, I would definitely talk to them and see what they can do. It'll save you the time and trouble. The process takes about an hour-maybe less.
    09-04-07 01:21 AM
    apparently a JVM error within less than a week of activating a blackberry is not good so IT sent for a new blackberry and they have to set it up again so looks like my blackberry might be mia till friday or potentially monday... not fun when i'm already addicted to it
    09-06-07 09:47 AM
    update, is my firm's IT department bad or does Verizon have horrible customer service because a problem that occurred this past Monday won't be resolved until this coming Tuesday at the earliest. If I had cancelled my contract with sprint that would mean i'd be completely phoneless for 8 days, that seems outrageous.
    09-06-07 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD