I just recieved this phone, and seem to not know how to put music, or photos on this phone. I installed the desktop manager, and all that, but it keeps saying i do not have enough memory.

I also want to put ringtones on this phone, but apparently nothing is compatable.. will someone PLEASE hepl!!

Also, I wanted new themes as well or at least wallpaper, and i downloaded a few wallpapers from crackberry, but i do not know how to put it on my phone.. someone please explain in detail what i need to do. I do not have a media card yet and need to get one... but let me know if i can still do this without a media card.. Thanks!!
    08-12-09 02:59 AM
    First, get yourself an SD card. You'll want to put pics. music, and things like that onto the SD card. You'll run out of memory quick on the 8830 if you put music on internal memory.

Inside the Destop Manager, there is Media Manager. This can be used to transfer msuc and pics to your BB. It's always best to move them to SD card rather than to the smaller internal memory.

Next, go to the how-to section and look at the memory management threads. You'll want to download the most recent OS for your phone and have it installed on your PC. You can then remove things from your BB that you don't need, and to help free up some additional memory (such as removing the sample video and pics) using CrackMem.

Most themes are installed over-the-air (OTA). Themes for the 8830 usually take up about 450MB, so you'll want to pick the ones you like best and just install one or two. Themes are a great way to personalize your phone, though. You should be able to find several themes on Crackberry.

As far as chaning the wallpaper. Go into the Media application on your BB, select pictures then scroll through what is installed on your BB (you can move more pics to your BB through media manager). Click on the menu button and select "Set as Background".
    08-12-09 09:21 AM
    I agreee with the above comment,very helpful..btw I myself bought a 4G sd card.and I can put tonnes of stuff..
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD