hey guys,

i just bought an 8830 BB WE on ebay and its branded to Bell Mobility here in Canada.. I am also on bell however its still showing the persons number when i try to make a call. "my number" is still showing up as the sellers number. What are my options at this point?

thx
    Last edited by j0ecruiser; 05-25-08 at 03:48 PM.
    05-25-08 03:32 PM
    Seems that your phone wasn't programmed correctly. I'd call the carrier and have them redo it. I know with Sprint, entering the MSL will take you to the screen where you enter your number and MSID. Not sure if programming is done that way with all carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 03:38 PM
    so you are suggesting to bring it a bell location for them to flash the software?
    should that reset the number of the seller on the phone and allow me to input mine?
    05-25-08 03:47 PM
    I found this information on the forums... will bell give me the MSL code with no questions asked? do they charge for this?

You need to get the MSL (lock code) from Sprint for your device (6 digit number). When you get that, dial ## and the MSL and press the green Send button - you'll open a CDMA programming screen.

Change the Mobile Directory number to your cell number (10 digits only - no dashes, spaces, or 1 at the beginning). Then click the trackball and click Save.

The device will display 'Write successful, resetting device' and reboot.

And welcome to the forums!
    05-25-08 03:55 PM
    Your phone is not provisioned for your account with Bell. Call up bell, give them the new ESN or IMEI for the new phone and have them activate it on your account. Then dial up the provisioning number to do the OTA programming.

Just because you get the phone in your posession does not mean it'll automatically/magically just provision iteself for your account.

For example, for Verizon, you can sign on their account website and provision it all yourself... maybe Bell has this same capability, I don't know. Call them and find out.
    05-25-08 04:15 PM
    ok so it turns out the ESN attached to this phone is red flagged and states its a"lost" phone. they wont let me provision it. is there anything I can do?

what are my options now? thx for everything guys
    05-28-08 10:51 PM
    Your options are basically to contact the seller and get a refund, as the phone is not worth anything.
    05-28-08 10:53 PM
    you can do ESN changes on the bellmobility website under the mybell options once you log in with an account.
    it will ask for your serial # and will give you the unlock code.
    then it will give you instructions to program the phone.

you could try there not sure but if it's flagged as lost you may be SOL
    05-28-08 10:55 PM
    Oh you are quite possibly up a river without that proverbial oar...

Immediately contact the seller and see if the maybe reported it lost or stolen and can assist you in removing the "flag". If not, IMMEDIATELY file a complaint with eBay and PayPal, if applicable. You may have just been scammed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 11:05 PM
    its not stating its a "stolen" phone, but a "lost" phone. i guess this makes no difference....
    im gonna hit up a chinese mall tomorrow and see what these guys can do to reprogram or something.. thx for
    all ur help dudes
    Last edited by j0ecruiser; 05-28-08 at 11:22 PM.
    05-28-08 11:16 PM
    im gonna hit up a chinese mall tomorrow and see what these guys can do to reprogram or something..
    I LOL'd at that. :LOL:!!!!
    05-29-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD